Tupac Amaru Shakur 10 Years Later

Obvious

I'll be honest I didn't listen to Tupac until a few years ago...I was always a Biggie fan and I sided with him in the whole east vs west beef thing back in the 90's. And if you asked me who was better I would give you a biased ignorant answer and say Biggie. After listening to Pac over the last few years though, I'd definitely give him the nod over Big. He's just a better rapper in my opinion, I missed out when he was doing his thing and had to play catch up...In a way that was kind of cool, because all that music I missed out on was new to me and I had a lot to choose from.

This is my shit right here.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, im saying 2pac was passionate about saving his people.

while biggie was passionate about selling crack to his people.

lyrically, biggie was dope.

but overall pac was better.....including songs that meant something (dear mama, changes, keep ya head up, etc.), poetry, compassion for his community etc.

turth! biggie was sick with it too. but yall hating on 2pac that man was sick

standard BIG lyrics

Slaughter, electrical tape around your daughter

Old school new school need to learn though

I burn baby burn like Disco Inferno

Burn slow like blunts with ya-yo

Peel more skins than Idaho potato

Niggaz know, the lyrics molestin is takin place

Fuckin with B.I.G. it ain't safe

standard pac lyrics

drinking hennesy in the cemetary with my enemies

high off weed, stunted my vocabulary

..but for real they were two totally different styles. Lyrical technique BIG comes out on top, came with multis etc etc, pacs style was simpler but with feeling.

tupac - drunk freestyle :

and

tupac - so many tears

i hate how everyone always compares 'pac and big but i do think pac had more soul... and if you read about his views and morals a lot of his music carries more meaning. and like someone else said, for every "shoot em up" song, he has a "brenda's got a baby" and "dear mama" etc.

even if you dont like dude, you gotta respect his work ethic. he put out more music in a shorter period of time than almost any other artist (excluding lil wayne whos name shouldnt even be put in the same sentence as pac's)...a lot of it did sound similar, but what do you expect?

^co-signed 110%

like i said before, you can't really compare the two...its relative to where youre from.

i remember watching a video on youtube a long time ago, where a bunch of west coast rappers (including snoop and pac) were on stage in l.a. rockin the mic and the crowd was hyped...then pac let biggie rock the mic, and the style didnt really go with the vibe of the people and the venue, even though biggie was kickin some ill shit.

imma try to go find that video.

nigga mad cause pac styled on piggie, mobb sleep and them

Chino XL, Mobb Deep , Bad Boy, Biggie , Lil Ceasar, Junior Mafia all of them is on our hitlist and I'm getting with them with my new click called The Outlaws. They're some Jersey dudes who are keeping that east coast flava poppin' . It's some west coast dudes, southern dudes.. It's the epitome of what I represent. I got Big Syke from Thug Life ...

We just did the video for 'Amerikka's Most Wanted' which is the classic dis video. We got 'Piggy' and 'Buffy'...

I started reading some 'pac interview and he was saying some other ass shit that i've never heard of

We're about to start Death Row East with Eric B and all the OG nigguhs out there. We got Big Daddy Kane.. Christopher Williams..we're trying to get Bobby Brown.

We're trying to get the East coast Death Row to be like the West Coast Death Row and make it major. We're not doing that until we get this business settled.. Even while we're doing this we're trying to get Wu-Tang..