Old Time Music appreciation.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: the essential fucked up blues.

Here's some more for you guys although most of this is in my vein of music.

The Bonaventure Quartet(Jazzy..influenced by Django)http://www.myspace.com/thebonaventurequartet, The Hot Club Quartet(Gypsy Jazz ala Django) http://www.myspace.com/thehotclubquartette2, The Puppini sisters(Jazz in the tradition of the Andrews sisters)http://www.myspace.com/puppinisisters, Janet klein(Old Time Jazz, Rag time, novelty songsAMAZING)http://www.janetklein.com.....

oh yeah, KOH. i noticed on some torrent sites that there are plenty of old time radio shows.

"have gun will travel" "captain midnight" misc horror shows, old ray bradbury shows, etc.

just go to your favorite torrent site and search OTR.

i enjoy listening to that stuff sometimes.

OTR collecting is a hobby of mine. Has been for a few years. Ive gotten a decent size library right now.

Our Miss Brooks with Eve Arden, The Burns and Allen show, The Fred Allen show, Fibber McGee and Molly, Boston Blackie, X Minus One, Suspense!......Tons of shit

have you got a demonoid.com account? if not, i'll let you know when i get

an option to give away an invite.

otr is something kids today totally miss out on. in fact, real radio is something kids miss out on. television dumbs down our society as a whole. with radio, you have to use your imagination and it's exciting and more intense than any stupid steven seagal movie on tbs or whatever.

btw: do you have any bernadette seacrest albums in mp3 format? i've looked on soulseek and various torrent sites. no luck.

have you got a demonoid.com account? if not, i'll let you know when i get

an option to give away an invite.

otr is something kids today totally miss out on. in fact, real radio is something kids miss out on. television dumbs down our society as a whole. with radio, you have to use your imagination and it's exciting and more intense than any stupid steven seagal movie on tbs or whatever.

btw: do you have any bernadette seacrest albums in mp3 format? i've looked on soulseek and various torrent sites. no luck.

I have some friends who are part of an old time radio society. I get good stuff from them, plus aquisition has a suprisingly large amount of shit. Ive just bought a bunch of shit from bookstores and old used record shops too.

I have no burnadette seacrest. I have been searching for a long time now, but im just ging to have to pny up and bvuy the damn things. same with janet klein.

mudlow

clambake

soledad brothers

gaffer hexam

jawbone

t model ford

the dirty

petit vodo

gin palace

seasick steve

porch ghouls

black diamond heavies

quadrajets

oblivians

Blind Lemon Jefferson

Robert Johnson

Skip James

Sister Rosetta Tharpe

Elizabeth Cotton

Old Crow Medicine Show

The Lonesome Spurs

full moon partisans

bernadette seacrest

The Bonaventure Quartet

The Hot Club Quartet

The Puppini sisters

Janet klein

julie london

this post is just a reminder to myself of what i need to get/get more of.