Old Time Music appreciation.

iloveboxcars

that is actually the name of an immortal lee county killers record. the first one, if memory serves. but this isnt just about ilck. this is about blues that are alittle more fast moving than what you're used to. well. its actually a request. i doubt many of you listen to any of these bands, but its sure a fucking good idea to try because i havent found this shit anywhere free yet.

mudlow

clambake

soledad brothers

gaffer hexam

jawbone

t model ford

the dirty

petit vodo

gin palace

seasick steve

porch ghouls

black diamond heavies

quadrajets

if you have anything by these people, let a boxcars know.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: the essential fucked up blues.

ive only been to one of their shows. it was when i was under 21 and they were playing in a bar. i had to hop a fence made out of that wavy sheetmetal and razorwire. shit was rediculous but worth it. they played with the coachwhips (post-project from pink of pink and brown) and some band called the rock and roll soldiers or something.

i was singing along to the lyrics and the drummer stared at me for awhile. i think it was because he was thinking "a random kid in san francisco california knows the lyrics? what the fuck?"

ive only been to one of their shows. it was when i was under 21 and they were playing in a bar. i had to hop a fence made out of that wavy sheetmetal and razorwire. shit was rediculous but worth it. they played with the coachwhips (post-project from pink of pink and brown) and some band called the rock and roll soldiers or something.

i was singing along to the lyrics and the drummer stared at me for awhile. i think it was because he was thinking "a random kid in san francisco california knows the lyrics? what the fuck?"

that's funny.

they're gettin really famous now. surprising. only other band to do that was man or astroman (from the same town, but man or astroman likes to claim athens ga for some reason). fuck 'em.

i'm really glad to see that someone from the west coast is really into lee county killers. if you only knew....there's so much history in that band. members, former members, new bands of the former members. there was such a huge scene back in the day. i guess it's still going, but alot of the guys have moved on to recording now.

Rock and Roll Soldiers from Eugene...hmmm. Okay, I see. Different band...I'll check them out.

There should be a thread for local bands on here. There's a lot of good shit that doesn't get heard out there enough...we could change that. I have tons of stuff like that to share.

casek, since i have you in here, is there a way to brighten a video file? i downloaded a cam of the illusionist and sound is great but its pretty fucking dark.

there are brightness controls in windows media player.

if you want a more permanent solution, try vegas video.