Steve Irwin is dead.

Cold Milk Cup [pt. 2]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, i agree with d.

that was fucking stupid. Yes I've seen the footage.

You don't bring a baby anywhere NEAR a dangerous animal like that. It's common fucking sense.

Would I do it? No. Would you do it? Obviously not. Would someone who works with crocodiles, and has been around them for longer than you've lived? Apparently so. No one is going to argue that it's a bad idea to bring a baby near a dangerous animal if you're the average Joe. You're taking it out of context here though; the man was a professional. And once again, it wasn't that close.

so the stinger was left in his chest. does the stingray now die, kinda like a bee, or does it grow another stinger? that picture before of one is pretty gnarly, looks close to bone.

The stinger wasn't left in his chest, they don't drop them like that. It's attached to the actual animal, which is saying he should have "left it in" is absolutely ridiculous.

its been reported he pulled it out himself I would have assumed it wasn't attached to the ray when he did so. I have heard about people getting barbs stuck in their feet. I've never actually thought about whether they detach or not

People that get barbs in their feet are probably stepping on varieties of stingrays that have spikes on them. When they hit with their tails, it is going to be 6" above the foot (minimum). Picture the way a scorpion tail works; a stingray is the same. It arches around and stabs, usually hitting people in the legs.

------>

/

/

\____@@@@@@ Stingray

the guy might have been all about animals but he was a complete moron. anyone dumb enough to dangle their 1 year old baby in front of a crocodile is a fucking moron and deserves to die.

in normal circumstances you might be right, but in this case youre not. when that shit blew up i thought he was stupid for doing that too but when i heard his explanation i respected him even more. he explained that at the beginning of life (in the womb, very first years of life) children are like a clean sponge that soke up everything (which is true). if you wait until a kid is 5 or 6 to start teaching him how to be around crocodiles, they cant get over the fear factor that is involved. being that his whole life is crocodiles, he was teaching (not dangling) his son how to be around crocodiles. if he doesnt do it at an early age, he is being a bad parent in a sense. being that Steve and Terri's whole life is animals, should they wait until their kid crawls into a crocodile enclosure or try to play with a poisonous snake, when by then its too late? oh yeah, the camera angle didnt help matters at all and the media love to tar and feather for a good headline.

If it was detached and he didn't pull it out, there might have been a possibility that he would have lived, at least a bit longer. Martin Luther King, Jr is an example of someone who got stabbed (in the lung, though) and would have died if he had pulled the knife out. Or the guy who got a construction spike stuck in his head and lived. The real danger is when the blood rushes through where the wound is; when it's blocked it can't rush out. Of course, since it was his heart he probably still would have died.

this is being emailed around workplaces (i've recieved it 5 times to day

"What a shock to lose such an Aussie icon as Steve Irwin. In respect to

him, his family and friends lets all turn our front porch light or a

light that can be seen.on on friday night the 8th of September to show

his loving wife Terry and his beautiful kids Bindi and Bob that we are

all thinking of them. Please send this to all the people that you have

in your contacts (even me so I know you sent it on) and lets light up

Australia for the only true OZZY ICON"