dope film soundtracks

eeeeee

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

haha, damn KOH. I should've guessed you were a Lynch fan.

Yea I've heard the song. I like a lot of Badalamenti's stuff. I debated putting down the City of Lost Children soundtrack, but it's not that great.

Have you heard/seen the David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti Industrial Symphony?

He's also doing the music for the remake of The Wicker Man!

I just hope it's not some shitty remake of the movie. The old one has that nice rustic/creepy feel, kinda like the old Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

I just hope it's not some shitty remake of the movie

you're kidding right? you do know they cast nicholas cage in the starring role? that should have already answered your question.

53940590_22820bb4a2_m.jpg

it's true. i have down syndrome

haha, damn KOH. I should've guessed you were a Lynch fan.

Yea I've heard the song. I like a lot of Badalamenti's stuff. I debated putting down the City of Lost Children soundtrack, but it's not that great.

Have you heard/seen the David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti Industrial Symphony?

He's also doing the music for the remake of The Wicker Man!

I just hope it's not some shitty remake of the movie. The old one has that nice rustic/creepy feel, kinda like the old Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

Oh God! Can we talk about the dumbest remake in all of history? The Shameless Chainsaw Massacre? It was like an MTV video based off of the TCM! The reason the original is so good is because it was so gritty and grainy, and the actors were not all polished up. I t made you feel like it could happen. Like you needed to shower afterward. I really hope the Wicker Man remake doesn't suck, but I haven't had too much faith in Nicholas Cage over the past 10 years or so. He did a few entertaining things, but I haven't forgiven him for that "Snake Eyes" monstrosity.

Now, back to Lynch. NNNNOOOO I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT! I would like to. Is it something one might find on, say, aquisition or limewire? As far as City of Lost Children...the background music is better than the soundtrack, I feel. I'm a sucker for dirty, turn of the century, French carnival music. Suprisingly the Amelie soundtrack isn't too bad, but I have better sources for that kind of music then these movies.

KOH/color me impressed.

haha.

I actually like Nicholas Cage... sometimes...

Well, maybe it's just that I have a huge Wild at Heart fetish.

he has his days, though.

Add Valley Girl to that and that about sums up when I really liked Nick Cage.

He kinda looks like Diggity on crack in that picture up there.

Sailor: Did I ever tell ya that this here jacket represents a symbol of my individuality, and my belief in personal freedom?

Lula: About fifty thousand times.

Lula: Uh oh. Baby, you'd better get me back to that hotel. You got me hotter than Georgia asphalt.

Sailor: Man, I had a boner with a capital "O".

Sailor: I'd like to apologize to you gentlemen for referring to you all as homosexuals. You taught me a valuable lesson.

Bobby Peru: Ya know, I sure do like a girl with nice tits like yours who talks tough and looks like she can fuck like a bunny. Do you fuck like that? Cause if ya do, I'll fuck ya good. Like a big ol' jackrabbit bunny, jump all around that hole. Bobby Peru don't come up for air.

Lula: When'd you start smoking, Sail?

Sailor: I guess I started smoking when I was about... four. My momma was already dead then from lung cancer.

Sailor: She turns over, peels off them orange pants, spreads her legs real wide and says to me..."Take a bite of Peach."

POWERMAD!

I was always a bigger Blue Velvet man, myself, but I love this movie.

Yea I know. That rough/cold-sweat feel is what really makes movies creepy. I could watch gore for days, and it's like frolicing in the hilly brush with lambs and kittens. ABC is right though, the Wicker Man remake will most likely suck.

Of course, that just leads back into the old argument about Hollywood's recycled ideas. Grant Morrison had some interesting commentary on it a while back, though. http://www.grantmorrison.com/column_archive1.htm

I found the Symphony on BitTorrent, which is probably the easiest place to get it. The file is over 700MB. If you can't find it though, let me know. I could try to g-mail it.

Yea I know. That rough/cold-sweat feel is what really makes movies creepy. I could watch gore for days, and it's like frolicing in the hilly brush with lambs and kittens. ABC is right though, the Wicker Man remake will most likely suck.

Of course, that just leads back into the old argument about Hollywood's recycled ideas. Grant Morrison had some interesting commentary on it a while back, though. http://www.grantmorrison.com/column_archive1.htm

I found the Symphony on BitTorrent, which is probably the easiest place to get it. The file is over 700MB. If you can't find it though, let me know. I could try to g-mail it.

Word. Well the hole creativity in Hollywood thing is such a thorn in everyones side weather they know it or not. Good ideas get recycled into mediocre ones just to turn a buck, and in the meantime it stains the image of the original masterpiece, while there are a zilloin good ideas out there that Hollywood shits on until it catches on enogh somewhere else and then they prtend like they have been down since day one.

Case in point: Japanese Horror.

Grimey old movies make you think its fucking next door. Those are the movies that give you the heebi jeebies when you go camping, not Children of the Corn scared the shit out of me and I loved every stinking minute of it. If they did it today it would be the Sixth Sense with some corn in the background.

Thats why I like R. Zombie's movies. Just because they were grimey and filled with references of the movies that I loved when I was younger. There aren't too many people out there who want to make a B-grade movie. Blair Witch was close and I give it props for that.

Can we just open a new thread where we talk ab out the better points of unsettling movies?