late 80's, early 90's rap

Guest mopius

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah Browner, I was just talking to someone about UltraMag MC's last night, I would have put them up but they went trhu several different incarnations, none as fresh as the first, and I would call that early 80's rap...

also, anything that came out after 86 was basically hip-hop, or proto-house... Rap really died around 84...

Originally posted by dwayne wayne

eric b & rakim

yeah see... for Eric B. and Rakim, late 80's/early 90's was basically 'Casualties of War'... nothing like Paid in Full, officially released in like Jan86 (seems like??? I forget exacts) but it was still about 2 years of jams... so...

Guest BROWNer

smart, i'm not so concerned with exactly how 'old school' it is, its a general time period for me, rounded, that gets an all encompassing stamp of old schoolness...

oh, wait, and I realize I didjn't totally address what you said either... but... yeah, see, for me, it was like marking times in my life, I remember when shit was brand new and everything was another building block, the roxanne shante battle... the doug e. fresh v. fat boys for the title of 'original human beatbox'.... seeing the tougher than leather tour, w/ Beasties (before the release of 'Don't Be a Faggot'), L.L. Cool J. Run-DMC and Whodini... these were very visceral moments in my development, so yeah, maybe I stand a little too close, but whatever...

Archived