sup hesh

seeking

they were very small waves, and by the time i was up, it was pretty much over, but i'm ok with it.

there was also a dolphin like 15 feet from where i was. he kept swimming around. for someone who is already scared shitless of water, to see a fin pop out right near you, that shit is a little disconcerning.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nice, i've been holding down the BOP surf team most of the summer. the waves are picking up for the fall most def. eastcoast in the fall is where its at. no crowds, good waves.

and ebph, i surf from south jersey to rhode island. all the spots in between, whereever its "pumping" hot wave cock.

ps:

that os the most booming ass i've ever seen

ass is definitely on point.

and i had no idea you surfed. ha. funny. so now once we're rich we can ride in the winter and surf in the summer. BOP

yo hesh,

if i get these custom laced wheels, how should i get em laced? i was thinking maybe the little twisty jawn like you got. any oppinions?

Twisted is cool as long as the wheel is built correctly. It's actually a lot stronger if it's done right.

If not, and you break a spoke, it's a nightmare. Most builders use 15G spokes since they're easier to manipulate, but a couple wheel builders I know have pulled it off using 14G spokes.

If you want, and you don't mind waiting, I have a couple friends in SF I can refer you to who will lace a wheel any way you want. They aren't cheap, but they do excellent work.

the dude building my wheels knows his shit. its two guys who have a shop in texas (trinitybicycle.com i think). just cant decide how i want em done up.

went surfing again today. 3 and a half hours in the water. waves up to about 10 feet or so at times (although most the ones i found myself in were about 5 or 6). basically they just kicked the shit out of me. i didnt get up once. the way they were coming in was real weird. they'd roll forever, then just instantly peak and crash down on you. if you didnt time it exactly right, you got mashed. i got mashed frequently. i learned to cover my face real quick after i took a board to the side of the head, nearly knocked me out. seriously, right now i feel like an elephant stomped on me. i dont think ive ever been this tired/sore. i took some codeine pills i had laying around, we'll see if it helps any.

^Beauty, eh.

Hesh- have you ever seen a spiral-laced front wheel?

My friend did one....it's a radial-lace with extra long spokes....then, you twist the hub forward and tension the spokes. Sounds freaky, but it actually works. I doubt it's very strong, though.

I can't ride anything but 3x laced wheels. I try to "ride light", but it doesn't matter...if you messengered on a track bike, you'll understand the concept. Basically, it's just trying to keep your weight off of the seat as much as possible...very contrary to traditional track riding, where you only stand up in the saddle to sprint but maintain a seated position 90% of the time so your opponent won't know when you're going to attack.

Even then, my wheels still take a beating. Years of experience have taught me that I can't ride anything but 3x. I've had the same set of road wheels for two years now, and I've only trued them twice. That's not bad for a bike that I ride almost every day.