Hpv Vaccine

alure

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you doctor eastbaypowerhouse.

The only reason I made any comment towards you is because of your lack of thought in that comment. If you can pass on the hpv virus from one partner to the next and think it's not a big deal because it doesn't affect you, then there's something seriously wrong with you, and you may want to re-evaluate your morals or lack thereof. Lack of responsibility where sex is concerned is a prime example of why stds are spreading like wild fires.

alure there's no way you're going to be getting across your point by talking about cervical cancer to a bunch of guys. why not instead show them what hpv can look like.

http://www.homemademedicine.com/warts/vaginal_hpv_picture.gif

stick your jimmy in this ^ .....

http://www2.hu-berlin.de/sexology/ECC4/s_hpv2.jpg

and you might get this^

too gross to post the picks just click the links

Catface. Ever fuck? Yeah we all know you have.

HPV is spread skin to skin. Condoms don't stop it. So you're beating a dead horse. I don't care about it because in most cases it's benign. You want to talk about my morals, or lack thereof. Great.

But you're just assuming that because it's spread through sex it's horrible. It's just not that big of a deal. HPV can be spread by holding hands. Do you expect me not to hold hands with people too???

You can talk shit about my "lack of thought" in the comment all you want, but at least I did the research. Way before this thread ever started. You could of looked into it before you tried to start an argument.

College does nothing for most people.

google hpv. then tell me if you dont think its a good idea to tell people about the vaccine. noone said you should stop fucking or holding hands or anything else. and noone said you had to worry about cervical cancer. they were just saying that you might wanna spread the word.

again, google hpv.

you cant see in most females. thats why you dont want them to have it, cause once you get warts its a fuckin wrap. you aint gonna be shwangin the eastbaypowerhouse ever again.

Fact.

Once you get the warts it's gone in a few months. And it goes away. The strain that causes warts are "low-risk", it goes away.

Don't tell me to google it when you didn't even read the info yourself. Sheesh.

I'm not saying bitches shouldn't get a vaccine if they want to. Go for it. I'm saying a virus that is spread skin to skin, meaning condoms don't stop it, which is benign in 98% of the cases and may cause cervical cancer in the rest. MAY cause. Isn't really my high priority right now.

I'm not worried about it. I've looked into it. I'm much more worried about getting AIDS, or Herpes, getting stabbed again, shot... But other people are in here acting like because it's not a big deal to me, that I have low morals.

Bitch, you don't have the vaccine, you're out there fucking, so you're not doing anything to help it either. Don't get mad at me for being honest. You don't really care about the issue, you just want to pretend you do because it makes you seem deep and intellectual. You're still out there fucking, even if you are wearing a condom you might be spreading it.

Why hate on me because I'm honest? I practice safe sex, I know where I stand. I get tested every few months, I'm clean right now.

I had this HPV shit. I got tested, when I was about to have my son, just in case we had anything we might pass to him. Doctor came in and told me I had it, said I had a benign case of it. I started freaking out, I didn't know shit about it. Thought my dick was going to fall off. Doctor gave me some reading material. I asked how I got it and he was the one that told me that condoms ain't really stopping it. You don't even have to fuck to get it.

Few months later that shit was gone, nothing ever came from it. I didn't fuck noone while I had it. Problem solved. Now that I know about it. Now that I realize 80% of people will get it sometime in their lives. It's just not really one of those things I'm going to freak out about when people tell me they found a vaccine that you could get, for a half G, that protects you for a few years.

Wow. Moving on.

"Although most HPV infections go away within eight to 13 months, some will not. HPV infections that do not go away can "hide" in the body for years and not be detected. That's why it is impossible to determine exactly when people became infected, how long they've been infected, or who passed the infection to them."

The warts are not the ones that HIDE in the body. They are the ones that go away. I could go ahead and find this part of the text. But I already know it's true...

"One thing that most people fail to realize is that cervical cancer is an STD. It is caused by the same Human Papiloma Virus (HPV) that causes genital warts. This is why it is so important for women to get yearly Pap Smears. "

quoted from a source about stds. But ya know..what does the bitch know.

"

NIAID - Health Matters

August 2006

Human Papillomavirus and Genital Warts

OVERVIEW

Human papillomavirus

Human papillomavirus (HPV) is one of the most common causes of sexually transmitted infection (STI) in the world. Health experts estimate there are more cases of genital HPV infection than any other STI in the United States. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), approximately 6.2 million new cases of sexually transmitted HPV infections are reported every year. At least 20 million people in this country are already infected.

Genital warts

Genital warts (sometimes called condylomata acuminata or venereal warts) are the most easily recognized sign of genital HPV infection. Many people, however, have a genital HPV infection without genital warts.

Genital warts are soft, moist, or flesh colored and appear in the genital area within weeks or months after infection. They sometimes appear in clusters that resemble cauliflower-like bumps, and are either raised or flat, small or large. Genital warts can show up in women on the vulva and cervix, and inside and surrounding the vagina and anus. In men, genital warts can appear on the scrotum or penis. There are cases where genital warts have been found on the thigh and groin.

CAUSE

More than 100 different types of HPV exist, most of which are harmless. About 30 types are spread through sexual contact and are classified as either low risk or high risk. Some types of HPV cause genital warts-single or multiple bumps that appear in the genital areas of men and women including the vagina, cervix, vulva (area outside of the vagina), penis, and rectum. These are considered low risk types. High-risk types of HPV may cause abnormal Pap smear results and could lead to cancers of the cervix, vulva, vagina, anus, or penis. Many people infected with HPV have no symptoms.

Some types of HPV cause common skin warts, such as those found on the hands and soles of the feet. These types of HPV do not cause genital warts.

TRANSMISSION

Genital warts are very contagious. You can get them during oral, vaginal, or anal sex with an infected partner. You can also get them by skin-to-skin contact during vaginal, anal, or (rarely) oral sex with someone who is infected. About two-thirds of people who have sexual contact with a partner with genital warts will develop warts, usually within 3 months of contact.

In women, the warts occur on the outside and inside of the vagina, on the opening to the uterus (cervix), or around the anus.

In men, genital warts are less common. If present, they usually are seen on the tip of the penis. They also may be found on the shaft of the penis, on the scrotum, or around the anus.

Rarely, genital warts also can develop in your mouth or throat if you have oral sex with an infected person.

Like many STIs, genital HPV infections often do not have signs and symptoms that can be seen or felt. One study sponsored by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) reported that almost half of women infected with HPV had no obvious symptoms. If you are infected but have no symptoms, you can still spread HPV to your sexual partner and/or develop complications from the virus.

DIAGNOSIS

HPV infection is usually diagnosed based on results from an abnormal Pap smear, a primary cancer-screening tool for cervical cancer or pre-cancerous changes of the cervix. Another test to diagnose HPV infection detects the HPV DNA, which may indicate possible infection.

Your health care provider usually diagnoses genital warts by seeing them. If you are a woman with genital warts, you also should be examined for possible HPV infection of the cervix.

Your provider may be able to identify some otherwise invisible warts in your genital tissue by applying vinegar (acetic acid) to areas of your body that might be infected. This solution causes infected areas to whiten, which makes them more visible. In some cases, a health care provider will take a small piece of tissue from the cervix and examine it under the microscope.

TREATMENT

There are treatments for genital warts, though they often disappear even without treatment. There is no way to predict whether the warts will grow or disappear. Therefore, if you suspect you have genital warts, you should be examined and treated, if necessary.

Depending on factors such as the size and location of your genital warts, your health care provider will offer you one of several ways to treat them. "

Anyway, what it's saying is, most of the warts end up going away on their own. The strain of HPV that causes the warts goes away on it's own. And if you do have some that linger you can get them removed, just like regular warts...

im not gonna look for any text on the matter cause im too lazy and i dont want people to think were arguing here, but im almost positive you never get rid of warts. my mother does std awareness and shit and works at a health center for all that sort of stuff.

anyway, im not disagreeing with you, but im pretty sure the warts a permanent deal as opposed to the rest of the hpv strains, which you may very likely be right about. peace

-the sheriff

"One thing that most people fail to realize is that cervical cancer is an STD. It is caused by the same Human Papiloma Virus (HPV) that causes genital warts. This is why it is so important for women to get yearly Pap Smears. "

quoted from a source about stds. But ya know..what does the bitch know.

I never said that HPV didn't cause cervical cancer or warts. What the fuck are you talking about?

And it's not caused by the SAME HPV. They are caused by different strains of the same virus...

I miswrote what I was saying about me having it. I only assumed I had it because my babies mom did. You can't test for HPV in males. There is no proven way. You just know you have it if you have warts. That's what freaked me out the most. I didn't have warts, but I didn't know what it was...

Anyway here is what CDC.GOV has to say about HPV...

"Should I be worried that I cannot be tested or treated for HPV?

No. HPV is not like other sexually transmitted infections (STIs), which need to be detected and treated. HPV is a virus that lives in the skin, rather than in your body. There is no clear health benefit to knowing you have this virus—since HPV is unlikely to affect your health and cannot be treated. For most men, there would be no need to treat HPV, even if treatment were available— since it usually goes away on its own."

"Are there ways to reduce my chances of getting HPV?

Because HPV is so common but usually invisible, the only sure ways to prevent it are not to have sex, or to have sex with only one uninfected person, who is only having sex with you. You can lower your risk by limiting your number of sex partners and choosing partners who have had few or no sex partners. Condoms may also lower your risk of HPV-associated conditions. Condoms may provide some but not complete protection against HPV, since HPV can infect skin that is not covered by a condom."

Good luck worrying about this one though...

my friend got hpv with full blown warts from some nasty raver chick 6 years ago. he gets them burned off with a laser still to this day. though the reoccurance is less frequent and the breakout isnt as bad he still has that shit so all the internet articles in the world arent going to convince me to worry about hpv any less than aids or herpes.