I couldn't be hippier...

SUR X3

This is going to make my weekend go so much easier...

http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-08-28-voa38.cfm

Morning After Contraceptive Pill Now Available Without Prescription

By Melinda Smith

Washington, D.C.

28 August 2006

American women over the age of 18 can now buy a controversial drug that acts as a contraceptive after unprotected sex. The drug is called "Plan B" and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has approved its sale with without a prescription. As VOA's Melinda Smith reports, Plan B is still the focus of strong debate.

The Plan B package

The Plan B package

If the Plan B pill is taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, it blocks ovulation and reduces the odds of implantation of a fertilized egg. It is considered to be an effective type of birth control. Some say it is another form of abortion. It took three years for the pill to win approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. One government official resigned in protest over the delay.

Wendy Wright, of the conservative group Concerned Women for America, opposed the pill's approval for over the counter sale: "Making this drug non-prescription gives a false sense of security."

Pharmacies have been selling the drug by prescription since 1999. Young women under the age of 18 must still obtain permission to use the pill from a doctor. Gynecologist Robin Kalish of Cornell University's medical center says the Plan B's availability will most affect young women:

"Often women who are 18 to 22 don't have an obstetrician-gynecologist, and therefore don't have somebody to call if they need this medication," said the doctor.

Young women on college campuses are divided about the availability of Plan B:

"I think it should be available for a woman to make that choice whether or not they want to take it," said one student.

"First of all, I wouldn't get myself in that situation and second of all, if I did, I mean...I'd take responsibility for it. I wouldn't take a pill for it and kill whatever is in there," countered another.

The Plan B pill will range in price from $25 to $40 per box. Other forms of contraception, which require some advance planning, are much cheaper.

Discuss how happy you are about this...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: I couldn't be happier...

well, I got myself aboard a party bus full of asian chicks friday so at least my weeks worth of job hunting has a good light at the end of the tunnel.

c'mon ebp, whatever happened to you populating the western sea board with an army of EBP juniors?

give me a call when your phone gets working again. i've been out of work hence the lack of love on my end.

Yes it's the morning after pill Alure. But without a prescription. That means I'm gonna go steal a bunch of these pills. And keep them in my room.

And since I have the immunity for Aids, I'm going to keep these pills where I used to keep condoms.

Problem solved.

Yes it's the morning after pill Alure. But without a prescription. That means I'm gonna go steal a bunch of these pills. And keep them in my room.

Problem solved.

um....if you have to get permission from a doctor..thats basically a written form..which is like a prescription.. right?

maybe im missing something..

i mean woman can still go to certian clinics and shit without seeing a doctor..

but my point is..its the same exact thing..i dont see the difference

I make abortion jokes all the time, they're fuckin hilarious. Me and my girl don't use condoms, but I also decided if she got pregnant I'd deal with it, so for the moment this doesn't do much for me. However, in the future this may be a blessing from above

Guest spectr

And since I have the immunity for Aids, I'm going to keep these pills where I used to keep condoms.

Problem solved.

ebp having aids does not give you immunity from it...