rap songs

Abracadabra

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can agree with you. thats what "rap" has become. but to be completely honest with you here, as an avid music fan (and truly one of mostly any genre) i will be the first one to stick my neck right out there for rap/hip-hop and say you need to first decide what you will call rap, and what you will call commercial recycling. most mainstream rap is focused on the same old bullshit, and thats why it gets such a shitty reputation, but lets sure not forget, controversy sells. so the chains and the half-naked 'bitches' and the guns and drama, that all seems so cooool and everyone jumps on it. but when you have some real ass stuff to talk about its a whole new ball-game, but unfortunately it doesnt sell. and rap today is about image. thats all. but when you go underground and start listening to all those guys who either couldnt or wouldnt sign to major labels your gonna find you really relate to them and even if not that, you will respect them cause they are real people not only inside but outside as well, unlike your mtv super stars who put on a 24/7 facade.

i dont wanna ramble, and im afraid i already have a little, but anyone else on this subject care to clarify anymore or add anything i missed??

btw Abra, what do you listen to these days bro?

i can agree with you. thats what "rap" has become. but to be completely honest with you here, as an avid music fan (and truly one of mostly any genre) i will be the first one to stick my neck right out there for rap/hip-hop and say you need to first decide what you will call rap, and what you will call commercial recycling. most mainstream rap is focused on the same old bullshit, and thats why it gets such a shitty reputation, but lets sure not forget, controversy sells. so the chains and the half-naked 'bitches' and the guns and drama, that all seems so cooool and everyone jumps on it. but when you have some real ass stuff to talk about its a whole new ball-game, but unfortunately it doesnt sell. and rap today is about image. thats all. but when you go underground and start listening to all those guys who either couldnt or wouldnt sign to major labels your gonna find you really relate to them and even if not that, you will respect them cause they are real people not only inside but outside as well, unlike your mtv super stars who put on a 24/7 facade.

i dont wanna ramble, and im afraid i already have a little, but anyone else on this subject care to clarify anymore or add anything i missed??

btw Abra, what do you listen to these days bro?

word.

support the underground.

Personally: Jedi Mind Tricks is my shit.