From Rags to Riches and the back to rags?!?!? FUCK!

Gunm

...well not really rags.....I still have a nice chunk of change in my checking account but I can;t go nuts with it......why is that?

"Yeah Lens, where the hell have you been dude? Seems like for a while you were on here everyday talking about asian chicks, pringles snacks, dumping crude oil on beaches, neckface, facist ideology and ripping off people."

Well, I got the axe from my big fancy corporate job after a quick minute working there.

Let's just say there was a difference of opinion, some accusations and me finally telling management they could go fuck themselves (although not in those exact words).

The funny thing is a day before all this happened I thought to myself "Shit, if it wasn't for the bread I was making, I wouldn't get within a mile of this job." Seriously...drab ass office, boring work, an atmosphere of pandering to executives, crummy location...the money was good but, now, i am kinda glad to be back in the breadline.

So now it's all about interviews, craigslist, temp agencies and checking messages everyday. It's really not being out of work...my new full time job is looking for employment as soon as i wake up everyday.

But the one thing that i have gotten from this is a complete re-thinking of what i want to do with myself. I thought the suit, the office, the corporate life was the way to go....now I'm not so sure I want to do that at all anymore.

But anyways, that's all for now 12oz. Lens over and out.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

He's fine. He needed that, in a way.

I guess I should add that I never passed judgment on his choices, but it's nice to see that he's reexamining his options. LENS and I are more or less polar opposites, but we get along well. I think he's going to end up in a better situation, once everything is said and done.

I'm also at a crossroads in my life, at the moment...in that I need to make some choices about where it's headed and what it's going to take to get it to where I want to be in, say, six months.

My step pops has the best rags to riches story, cause he literally made riches off rags. He owns two plants and will go to the goodwill/salvation army/ect. and buy thousands of pounds of clothes. From there it gets separated, sanitized and catagorized. The durable blue paper towels that are at gas station, normally if in the east bay are from his company. His only 52 i think and is gonna retire soon. So yeah shit happens you can literally go from rags to riches if you work hard enough.

P.S. I went to Hawaii not too long ago and there was an Asian women single event. I walked outta my hotel and for about a little less than 3 blocks there were tons of asian mostly japanese women. All in nice little summer dresses with hair, makeup, nails, the whole 9. Anyways I digress it made me think of you Lens even though we've never met, just though you might wanna know, cause it kinda made me laugh.

i <3 my job...its plush.

but, i am in the same boat as you are (job hunting)...except i like my boss too much and wouldnt ever tell him to fuck off and im not broke. i need to move on. ive been "window shopping" and within the first day of my "window shopping", i got two interviews lined up.

we'll see. this week is my review, so if the raise isnt what i was hoping for, then im outta here.

Let's just say the accusations included some of my extracurricular activities, a book found by a snooping mother fucker, and a conservative company staffed mainly by middle aged women and men with dry air in their veins instead of real blood.

I would fight it but it'd be a waste of my time. I wasn't happy there anyway.

And Japanese girls? yum, there'll all over the place down on Melrose in L.A.

P.S. I went to Hawaii not too long ago and there was an Asian women single event. I walked outta my hotel and for about a little less than 3 blocks there were tons of asian mostly japanese women. All in nice little summer dresses with hair, makeup, nails, the whole 9. Anyways I digress it made me think of you Lens even though we've never met, just though you might wanna know, cause it kinda made me laugh.

nice to be thought of in such a context

But fear not...I have been moving like a mo'fo since i got let go. I'm not so much concerned about being able to find work as i am just having to deal with the entire "finding a job" process.

It's just a major pain in the ass and I hate the breakup of my routine of work, fun and personal academic enrichment.

I am one of those people that get easily freaked out by TOO much free time on their hands.

Let's just say the accusations included some of my extracurricular activities, a book found by a snooping mother fucker, and a conservative company staffed mainly by middle aged women and men with dry air in their veins instead of real blood..

I feel the 12oz community would really enjoy more detail

From the version I heard directly from the man himself, it sounds like that's more or less what happened, with some of the specifics left out. No bathrooms were harmed in the making of this sad (?) tale.

So, never fear...no one's missing out here on 12 oz. Gossip.

(I was originally asked to keep this to myself, which I did...although now that he's let the cat out of the bag, I feel that it's okay to lend some credibility to his story. It helps that LENS doesn't strike me as a pathological liar, in any way.)