i really didnt think i would be excited (top 3 shows of the year thread)...

boogie hands

...about seeing gorilla biscuits but i am all of a sudden. im getting together with an old friend who i used to go to shows with in the 90's and we are going to go do it up and have a fucking amazing time. i havent been this amped about a show in a long long time. anyway...thought i would see what shows you guys have caught this year by creating the....

TOP 3 SHOWS OF THE YEAR THREAD

We are about 3/4 of the way through the year so this is a little premature but if you havent seen 3 amazing fucking shows by this point then you need to get out more. anyway...here are mine in no particular order.

Sparrows Swarm and Sing @ Macrock

940745314_l.jpg

i liked this show because the only thing i knew abou these guys was that "i would love them" (according to my friends). they only got to play 30 minutes as is standard at festivals but i have not been that suprised and blown away since i went to see mastadon and cult of luna opened for them. fucking awesome. these guys also happen to tour like madmen so you should find out where they are playing and check them out.

Mono and Pelican

295326413_l.jpg

this is another show i was excited about but i was mostly excited about mono because they are fucking amazing. the bonus was pelican which, while i was looking forward to seeing, wasnt really excited about. turns out i learned a lot about their music that night and walked out of that show very, very happy.

Belive it not....Bonnaroo.

imagee0d160ea-c0f4-409a-bc5a-c011a5e1f5d9.jpg

i had never been to a real deal festival before (because they are for hippies) but i got a chance to go this year and due to the fact i would be staying with the artists backstage, eatiing 3 catered meals a day, drinking from a fully stocked bar and living on a really expensive tour bus i decided to go. it was fucking awesome and while the above perks probably had something to do with it, it was still an amazingly fun time. hanging out and meeting people, seeing radiohead and sonic youth, drinking with friends and staying up until sunrise coupled with the ability to sleep in a somewhat real bed and get away from the chaos at any given moment to watch the world cup, stanley cup or just relax made it an amazing week. that and i got to see the nuts an bolts of an 80,000 person festival which was pretty amazing and informative.

please note the pictures above, while looking like the generic photos i take at shows are not actually my photos.

so those are my picks so far this year. feel free to add or just let this go straight to page 2 so you guys can make more theads about girls you will never even have the courage to talk to....i dont care.

ps-this is what comes up when you google image "fuck yeah"

127590681_2dfe3208ea.jpg

aside from that bottle of jameson in the back i dont see anything in this picture that would explain why its file name is "fuck yeah". this looks boring. im going to go ahead and disagree with google images on this one. sorry.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I saw Two Gallants the other night for the first time in two years.

They always put on an amazing show. Everybody on here should check them out live or at least DL some of their music, it's easily some of the best stuff I've heard in a long time.

Besides that, I can't remember any other shows...I saw this garage band called Face Down In Shit in May that were pretty good, but I'm not much for shows nowadays.

I don't think I've been to a real show in a long time... I pretty much just go see my friend's bands play, go see DJs, or see bands playing one song over and over because I'm working on a music video.

I saw the Sin Destroyers play a couple of times this year. They're sort of a fake christian rock band, which is hilarious enough, but they also fucking rock.

I just saw the raconteurs play a few songs, and they were really awesome. I remember ABC or someone making a thread about them a while ago, but I had never really bothered to check them out. I was impressed... they were surprisingly good.