The "N" Word

HardyHarHar

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

leave it to the blacks to try and steal the word nigga from the whites
thats fucked up

but, i dunno, my best freinds mom (black) calls me hir misprinted nigger child.

and every black person i know calls me nigga

and i call all of them nigga.

n i call all my hispanics spics.

n they love me.

so i love them.

its all love.

words dont mean shit.

This is a poem:

Incident

By Countee Cullen

Once riding in old Baltimore,

Heart-filled, head-filled with glee,

I saw a Baltimorean

Keep looking straight at me.

Now I was eight and very small,

And he was no whit bigger,

And so I smiled, but he poked out

His tongue, and called me, "Nigger."

I saw the whole of Baltimore

From May until December;

Of all the things that happened there

That's all that I remember.

People talk about reclaiming racial slurs. But a lot of what I see and hear is stereotypes reaffirmed. Oh anyone can use the n word now? That's just saying that anyone can pretend to be a black person, it's like handing out black face to all the races. Black people and the n word were married in a shotgun wedding back during the days of slavery. I think the way the word is used now is weird. Look at yourselves before you try to prove how you don't care about all that.

In the United States, the word was freely used by both whites and blacks, until the Civil Rights Era of the 1960s. A striking example is in televised coverage of a march in Birmingham, Alabama, when protesters, led by Dr. Martin Luther King, were met with attacks from dogs and fire hoses. A white woman from another Alabama county was interviewed. Visibly upset, she said, "It's not right. We don't treat niggers like that here." Louisiana Governor Earl Long also used the term when advocating expanded voting rights for "African Americans". At that time, the term was less noteworthy than the expressions of support by white southerners, as it was a common regional term for blacks, along with Negro and "colored".

yeah, dude like totally white...

i was at the mall, with my best friend samantha and we were like..

oh my god...

you like totally have to get those shoes.. i mean they like totally look fabulous on you!

i mean you wearing those shoes is a guaranteed prom queen status..

or..

nah "B" its cool in the hood mang...

i say the word nigger is pretty aptly used sometimes..

The only time I use the word nigga is when I put on a half-assed Dave Chapelle voice, that way if some black overhears me in public I can say 'Hey dude, chill out, brah. I was just quoting Dave Chapelle, gawsh!' and then act like it's their problem when they take offense.

I also like saying nigga around my non-hood, 113lb, Wendy's-employed black friends so I can tell myself that I've got my 'hood pass'. Then I get knocked for painting, or racking Young Jeezy CDs, and get thrown in holding with a bunch of Debo-ass black dudes and don't really say much other than 'man, this some bulllllshit.' and talk about that time I did 15 days for assault. Except I leave out the 15 days part.

Then I listen to Dipset because, thanks to the internet, I've realized that's what 'real hood niggas' listen to.

it's only a word. Feel free to use it. All i can say is that some people: Don't think it's cool; don't think your funny and ironic when you say it and you're white (also applies to hipsters); take offense, and will judge you on it.

I judge people who say that word. And if they say it to try to get some kind of ghetto-points, I'll try to call them out on something later, because I'm vengeful and spiteful and I don't like that word.