Psychiatrists

AyeBee

Anyone ever been to one? People have been suggesting I see one for years due to anger problems and my very unstable emotions, but lately I'm finally startin to think they're right. I think it really sank in tonight when I ended up breaking down and spilling to my girl how I hate myself, my family, my friends, and most of all her.

The one thing I won't do is take meds, because I don't wanna become A) a zombie or B) addicted. Those of you who went, did you find the talking shit really helped?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i went once when i was really young. this was before the advent of medications o' many. from what i remember, he just let us talk and kind of did the whole "how did that make you feel" bit. just go to the massage parlor or go sit on a mountain and clear your mind for a while without the constant distractions of life. or you could always paint.

by the way, i think its sort of funny how people type shit and the html smilies make them get the cool sunglasses, and the shook face and stuff

lmao I was laughin mad hard when i saw the glasses and figured it out.they come up at innapoppriate times (i could never spell that word)

Well you must distinguish between a psychologist and a psychiatrist.

One will give you a talking to and the other will give you drugs and ask questions like stated above.

I go to see one every 6 months. Kinda service my emotions and my head like people service their cars. And I get some meds I like at the time.

Plus it helps to have an unbiased point of view, especially one that will ask you to answer questions you are afraid to ask yourself. It also helps that I have a friend who is a psychology major who I can run dream interpretations/relationship dramas by.

Watch Metallica's 'Some kind of monster' dvd, as it gives you an insight into what kind of questions they will ask of you, and what purpose the doc can serve. Unless you really want to go it would be pointless, but hell, I (like I assume all people) had some demons I wanted to deal with.

Nah, I mean I love my friends but I'm just not good at dealing with it when they do something that lets me down. I guess its kinda the same thing with my girl, but a lot worse...I really love the chick but I blame her for a lot of the reasons why my life has been so fucked up for the last year or so. Iono, I think I really need to look into this

Guest R@ndomH3ro

Maybe you dont need a doctor, maybe you need to go on a trip, by yourself.

I did that once, and I spent most of my time reflecting on my life and getting shit straight in my mind.

Really does good, just get away and go somewhere you can think and evlauate your life hard.

I was such a fucked up case that my public high school sent me to one (and he was expensive).

He was gay, but had an ex-wife.

He would ask me about my dreams. And ask if they were gay dreams.

But he was alright, still. He is really involved with the FASHIONCares show that comes around here every year.

Maybe you dont need a doctor, maybe you need to go on a trip, by yourself.

I did that once, and I spent most of my time reflecting on my life and getting shit straight in my mind.

Really does good, just get away and go somewhere you can think and evlauate your life hard.

i did this shit this summer. best advice here.

also go for the shrink if you dont have to pay fully (insurance or mommy and daddy).

I was actually referred by my psychiatrist to a psychologist that I am pretty sure he wanted me to go and see to hookup with.

He knows I am only really there for the scripts, and to vent whatever woman or work problem is on my mind, so yeah, he refered me to another doc and just the way he described her was like 'You should go there son!' especially when I started talking about NLP and shit to him. Like he was like if you want to learn see her!

If I was more cashed up I would be there in a shot, but since school is in, it will have to wait.