Meaningful music.

Soup BDC

I'm lookin for new shit, or new to me. When I say Meaningful I mean that enlightening kind of music such as The Opus, Greenhouse Effect, Pole Position, Immortal Technique (kind of), Mos Def, Talib Kweli... etc.... I mean there's a lot of good ass music out there but I need those lyrics with the cut above.

Who's got any?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the chicharones, illogic, Abstract Rude, cLOUDDEAD, Aesop Rock, Slug (of Atmosphere, Felt, Deep Puddle Dynamics, Dynospectrum etc.) <also all good groups to check out, Eyedea, Cunninlynguists, though their not exactly "enlightening" but fantastic and original artists, Cold Duck Complex, Buck65, <<definitely, Blackalicious is pretty nice, ummm i personally get a lot out of stonesour, 10 years, uhh, Grayskul, Sage Francis can get pretty deep. you should check out Blueprint too, and RJD2's shit they make Soul Position, try Sole, and im sick of typing, but thats a good start.

Last Poets

Sun Ra <----Dopest Deepest Jazz

Ursula Rucker

Rammellzee (I think this guy is FUN)

try and check Rammellzee vs K-Rob, the original is ill

also Tapper Zukie + Sly & Robbies Taxi Sound Gang

word to Saul Williams, that guy speaks the good leaf

re clouddead , that first album was ill

I first listened to it when I was 12 and it sounded just right to me

nothing has ever clicked and reached the bits of my brain that clouddead did

SAYING THIS their second album was weak, doseone pisses me off and most the other stuff that comes out of the anticon collective is just clouddead rehash OR crap.