ALL YOUR SNAKES ARE BELONG TO US!

odd.pr0ject

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
SLJ is going downhill.

what would make him sign on for this movie?

Samuel L. Jackson "Well, yeah. I knew I was going to do the movie when I saw the title. I've always watched movies like that and they're funny and more exciting in some ways than doing regular dramas or straight-ahead action pictures. It just sounded like the situation that I've always had fun watching in the movies — a bunch of people trapped on a plane with poisonous snakes. It's like, okay, this sounds like I can go and have a good time. So that's what I did. I like to think I have an audience member's sensibility, and the title just puts it all right out there. You either get it or you don't."

Incidentally, he said this later in the same interview.

When you and director David Ellis talked about tweaking the script before filming, what kind of things did you have in mind?

"We were talking about the snake hits being better than just seeing a snake strike. In old cowboy movies you'd see a rattlesnake, hear a rattle and then there's the snake and it kind of struck off-screen, and you never saw the snake actually hit anybody. So you get actual snake hits, and if you got two people who are making love in an airplane bathroom, you just don't show a snake and show them kissing and hear them screaming. You know, girl's got her tit out, let the snake hit it! That's what people are there to see."

Archived