Japan..any questions?

serum

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

serum, LUGR, I am currently applying to grad school. if that shit doesn'tt pan out, I'm likely gonna hit up either of you for some information. Be forewarned.

if you do get into grad school still consider going to japan

universities will hire you if you have a masters and pay $5000/month for part time work

they can be hard to get or easy depending on how picky where you live

I leave in a week. I'm staying in a place called Rappongi, what do i do for new years?

go wandering the streets, travel all around the tokyo ie- shinjuku- red light district, ikebekuro-old red light district, harajuku-fashion capital, ginza-more of an upscale district.

roppongi is a gaijin nightspot hangout and they cater for ripping us westerners off so be carefull, watch out for the nigerians they dont take no for an answer and would leave you bleeding in a gutter with your walet missing.

on another note il be there again in 40 days, this time will be visiting Fukuoka, Gunma, Osaka, Nagoya, Hiroshima, Kyoto, Tokyo, Yokohama(visiting shige), Nieseko, Hoikaido

if you do get into grad school still consider going to japan

universities will hire you if you have a masters and pay $5000/month for part time work

they can be hard to get or easy depending on how picky where you live

Word. I am going for mostly PHD programs. Only two Masters. We'll see though. It's something I've thought about for a long time. I'm actually tutoring right now here in the states. Either way I think I'd make a strong candidate for the type of position.

My vote for best street in the world to Check out hot high class punani onn a global scale?

Omotesando Dori. Not just Asians either.... smorgasbord my gs

Fukuoka girls all have big jugs and half the girls are hostesses so to me that city is number 2. Have fun making your own assessment though.

My vote for best street in the world to Check out hot high class punani onn a global scale?

Omotesando Dori. Not just Asians either.... smorgasbord my gs

Fukuoka girls all have big jugs and half the girls are hostesses so to me that city is number 2. Have fun making your own assessment though.

all the hottest hostesses ive talked to come from Kyushu (fukuoka in particular)

now I always hear that they all have daikon ashi (large radish shaped legs)

but in my experience they are all drop dead gorgeous, sometimes tall, have opinions, and drink like a fish :love2: .

thats the great thing about tokyo is that every hot girl of every prefecture all go to there after turning 18.

• 1 month later...

Fuck so much to read in this thread. Mostly bullshit.

I am landing in Tokyo 23rd march for some gaijin grime. Got to hook up a push bike for my journeys though.

Whats good for day trips and what not out of Tokyo and Kyoto?

Oh yeah and is it hard to get good coffee there??? Am i going to be drinking dog dick soup for a month?

If you're from America then you probably think Dunkin Donuts has good coffee, so yeah a Starbucks would be good for you. If you actually like "good" coffee then there are many, many little cafes all over Tokyo.

I always loved seeing ignorant ass foreigners look like retards when they realize how much better Japan is than so many places.

Edit: This sounds super American, but I lived in Zushi for a couple months and only went to Kamakura to get Kua'Aina. There are some really nice drives around there and Enoshima beach.

Nahh im not team America.

Fuck i am dreading seeing some drunk Aussies having a push up competition or something at a bar... If so i will pretend to be english.

I swear that travel brings out the bogan (redneck) in many of us.

Also are there many street press mags so i can see what gigs are on?

Has anyone stayed at a capsule hotel?

before I found an apartment I stayed in a capsule hotel for 2 weeks. not great. the actual capsule itself was too short for me, my legs stuck out of the thing. also the places I went had no tattoo policies, dunno if that's an issue for you.

I don't really drink coffee. a lot of japanese girls at starbucks though

http://metropolis.co.jp/ for club listings, etc.

A lot of losers end up in Japan. I am very selective about the gaijin friends i have here. I have met some really cool non-Japanese but the wasted douchebag balding English teacher in the bad suit chasing hot Japanese girls around is common. Weirdest shit? Hmmmmm... It's all pretty weird homie. I love it, 8 years now, just got a visa for 3-5 more.