Japan..any questions?

serum

hi i never make threads. they usually dont get past 10 posts so i stopped making them. but its like 4 am and i cant sleep. too much shit on my mind.

so it seems like people here are interested in japan. ive lived here for a sec. im no expert but do you guys have any questions about japan?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i should probably send this via email, but since i believe im about two years behind on my emails to you, i think i'll just go ahead and sieze the moment.

rolo tattoos right? are you still down with him? in a year or two i'd like to come out there and possibly get a guest spot for a month or so. any chance you might be able to help me out with that? one way or another, i'm coming out that way, if not to live, then atleast to visit for a bit. i wasnt bullshitting about everything back in the day, it's just taking me a little longer than expected. you know how that goes.

hope alls well. you still wth that girl? the young nuts one?

What steps do i need to take to be able to move there?

Are there job resources for foreigners?

Are there companies there mainly comprised of white people?

My impression of the cost of living was that it was comparable to california but when it came to the ill hard to find shoes and clothes is when you had to suck it up. Am i wrong in my assumptions?

Where would i look for housing?

Do you live by yourself?

What do small apartments go for?

Average cost of shipping to get say, an apartments worth of stuff there?

How is the nightlife?

If i was to move there, would you reccomend a large city or perhaps something more suburban?

I was there for two weeks back in october and I would definately love to move there eventually.

yeah- did you go to college/highschool there?

If yes- are big tittied Japanese girls a form of rare currency?

Can you introduce me to a big tittied Japanese girl?

no im originally from chicago but i studied japanese in college. truthfully it made no difference i couldnt understand a word when i got here.

yes big titties are rare. but it makes you appreciate nipples and suttle breast shape more.

do the toilets sprinkle a cleansing at you after you're done disposing?...

Bidet!!!! The Tokyo Dome hotel was equipped with'em...oh yeah!

Oh yes, those little fountains that wash your ass after you're done with a #2....my bunghole never felt so clean in it's entire life....def getting one when i buy a house

no im originally from chicago but i studied japanese in college. truthfully it made no difference i couldnt understand a word when i got here.

yes big titties are rare. but it makes you appreciate nipples and suttle breast shape more.

"subtle"

i should probably send this via email, but since i believe im about two years behind on my emails to you, i think i'll just go ahead and sieze the moment.

rolo tattoos right? are you still down with him? in a year or two i'd like to come out there and possibly get a guest spot for a month or so. any chance you might be able to help me out with that? one way or another, i'm coming out that way, if not to live, then atleast to visit for a bit. i wasnt bullshitting about everything back in the day, it's just taking me a little longer than expected. you know how that goes.

hope alls well. you still wth that girl? the young nuts one?

whats up bro. no problem on that. yeah im still with my crazy girlfriend. shes half the reason i cant sleep. i feel really stupid for yelling at the top of my lungs in the middle of rice fields. even the frogs went silent. but shes cool when not driving me crazy.

for osaka the best tattoo place is Chopsticks. i can definitely get you a guest spot. theres another one 3 tides which grimey, adrian lee( i think thats how you spell his name) frequently comes through. heres some links http://www.threetides-tattoo.com and http://www.chopsticktattoo.org

but you`re always welcome to kick it at my crib. i live in a house now. i couldnt take the cramped apartments any longer and i figure if theres ever a big earthquake atleast id be buried in my own shit rather than the guy above me.

What steps do i need to take to be able to move there?

Are there job resources for foreigners?

Are there companies there mainly comprised of white people?

My impression of the cost of living was that it was comparable to california but when it came to the ill hard to find shoes and clothes is when you had to suck it up. Am i wrong in my assumptions?

Where would i look for housing?

Do you live by yourself?

What do small apartments go for?

Average cost of shipping to get say, an apartments worth of stuff there?

How is the nightlife?

If i was to move there, would you reccomend a large city or perhaps something more suburban?

I was there for two weeks back in october and I would definately love to move there eventually.

for americans you'll need a bachelors degree, for canadians i believe you just need a highschool diploma. its some sort of working holiday visa.

only jobs readily available to foriegnors are english teaching jobs.

alot of white people teach at conversation schools.

cost of living is pretty high from my point of view. housing is small as hell and around $500 for a tiny studio and $700 for a 1 bedroom. food is a problem for me. i dont eat fish which is very cheap and the recommended way to go, but the vegetable are small and expensive. fruit can get ridiculously high. $10 for a small watermelon. $4 a peach. not to mention anything you miss from home. bread, peanut butter, etc. clothes dont fit me so i dont shop here but yes very very pricey. shop online is the way to go.

you cant get housing without a japanese guarantor. so either you have your company sponsor you or a japanese person. but recently you can find some that dont require one.

i now live with my girlfriend, sorry 12oz ladies, but shes my caged bird so i pay the rent.

bring whatever you can with you on the plane which is the cheapest way to ship things. other than that its way too expensive to ship. average is $50 a letter bag. i have crates and crates of records that send chills up my spine to think of what it would cost if i ever had to leave.

i can really comment on the nightlife. i gave that up after awhile. i hate bad music, expensive liquor, and desperate females. im a chill on the corner with a beer from the convenience store type of guy but its alright i guess. if you just want to pick up girls well then its great. its a meat market and you can have anyone you choose. but tokyo has a no gaijin policy at some clubs and wont let you in unless you know someone. cover charge can be a bitch as well.

id recommend anyplace but tokyo. that place sucks. cool to visit but way too expensive, highnosed and trendy for me. if you really want to learn about japan id suggest the suburbs. people are really nice but then again japanese culture is a bitch. a nice medium is say osaka or fukuoka where its a small city. you atleast get normal stuff like theaters, international food shops, english books stores etc.

dont make fun of my spelling i dont even speak english anymore. (unless yelling at my girlfriend)

i slowly lose it by the day. it seems to get replaced with kanji and other useless crap.

Serum...

So does that mean i need a sponsor to be able to find a place to live?

What kind of pay does the english teaching jobs net?

Could people from home ship me goodies? Do they have strict import policies with regards to foodstuffs?

Can you get a furnished apartment there?

yes. mine is heated as well which is the best thing ever invented. in the winter its a blessing. the sprinkle at first scared the shit of me literally, because i didnt know how to turn it off. then i stood up thinking it would stop automatically but instead it just shot all over the ceiling. but its a godsend for real. i think i read somewhere that madonna bought a grip of them for every toilet in her house.

are the chicks easy?

that depends. japanese are very fashionable and their tastes change. race wise, whites americans do the best, but theres always some rebels out there that only date the brits or aussies because their friends have already fucked an american. they are very sensitive about clothes and fashion. if you are hiphop rob then yes you are currently in vogue and you can easily get a girl. but the approach is much different. also language can be a problem. it restricts you to the only english language loving girls. theres exceptions to the rules but all in all they are easier from the point of view of a christian morals countrymen. american girls have that no sex on the first day hang up where as japanese girls that are willing to go out to dinner are willing to put out.

Word I got on the Japanese girls is that it's hard to get the date, but if you get the date you' re getting laid.

yeah i agree with this. japanese girls are really shy and will duck and dodge you anyway they can but if they do agree to a date youre in. however i noticed that getting a number doesnt mean shit. they just give it so you leave them alone. you then call and call and they never pick up. always go for the mobile phone email address. that way you can belittle them in your mother tongue after getting ignored.

how far is technology there as say compared to us.... america.

difficult to answer. in many ways such as phones they are light years ahead, but very dumb at the same time. i read in the herald tribune that japan had the mobile phone market on lock. they should have then gone international but instead said naw fuck it, damn foreignors wouldnt understand how to use our superior phones. so then nokia took over and now have the world on lock. but they are really light weight which i love. my yak friend has a video phone but it is still buggy. video games actually kinda suck out here. way better games are coming out of america to be honest, and all the prices on japanese games stay at $60-70 price range and never go down until like 8 years later. they dont rent games either which sucks. digi cams hell yeah. very cheap and constantly being outdated.

is there really more to the transformers universe that we americans only know of?...

not sure. i havent seen any actual transformers manga and i get the impression that we love transformers more than they do. actually they like go-gots better. my former boss designed a few transformers and drew inbetweens for the cartoons back in the day. when she was 18 she worked for 3 years for free. (7days aweek, 18 hour days) and got a whopping $1.50 and hour by the time she was 22. she showed me the original cells. very very cool.

Serum...

So does that mean i need a sponsor to be able to find a place to live?

What kind of pay does the english teaching jobs net?

Could people from home ship me goodies? Do they have strict import policies with regards to foodstuffs?

Can you get a furnished apartment there?

so you would live out of hotels first, then get a job. from there they either put you in one of their apartments or you could get your own with them as the cosigner. but if any problems arise they hold your apartment above your head. threatening to kick you out if you fuck up. this is very rare since the japanese usually treat others as guests but then again it does and can happen.

furnished apartments are possible but i always had to sit on the floor. no room for tables and chairs. it has totally fucked up my posture. but compared to chinese apartments where they dont even have a light bulb, toilet or a sink, yes you are more than likely to finesse a fridge or a toaster oven.

no, but when you flush the toliet there is a sink on the toliet (where our cover is) and when you flush it automatically starts running..

the older places you have to squit..and the water isnt running..and they have a bucket of water next the i guess what you would call a toliet.. and you flush the toliet that way

Serum...you're selling me on this bro....I gotta move out there!

its difficult for me to convey without sounding like a grumpy american asshole but its not what it seems. japanese people are difficult. culture here really is completly opposite. i feel like banging my head against the wall almost everyday. and on other days i want to bang japanese peoples heads into the wall. living here, you never win. you always lose. but if you can take losing and learn to go with the flow it can be tolerable. i have learned alot here. my ugly american side is less ugly, and i learned how to be patient. im a better listener. but no matter how japanese ive become im still considered an alien from outer space that has come to visit planet japan. they are very simple people. quite innocent. and for that i can forgive them on a daily basis. but the men here are a difficult bunch. very condescending to everyone, big headed, thick headed, and just plain ol arrogant. someone recently argued with me that japan is the only country in the world that has 4 seasons. i get stared at constantly. people talk shit about the littlest things infront of me thinking i dont understand. then when i speak japanese people tell me that they dont understand english. people ask me my opinion and then get angry that i didnt tell them they are god incarnate. there is definitely a penis envy problem. but if this place was really terrible i guess i would be back in america. i like that i never ever have to look behind my back. and when i see a group of guys on the corner i dont have to prepare the street face. all i have to say is that every foreignor that i meet here always leaves cursing this place, but yet misses it as well.

fuck im a slow typer.

see.. i wanna travel to asia at some point.. how ever i heard that visiting japan is hella expensive.. i also have quite a few friends in Seoul, Korea. so i might head there. i know its probably not as fun as japan.. but i got free room and board.

korea is nice, they were really friendly.. but beware especially if you're gonna be taking the transit..it fucking stinks.. it must be from allt he kimchi they eat or something..

but the food is so good, you'll have to go to a korean bbq.. and they have good bakerys too