Moussaoui Trial Evidence Posted Online

fermentor666

Haven't looked through nearly any of it, yet, but I'm sure there is some "interesting" things in there. Here's article and link:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/31/moussaoui.exhibits.ap/index.html

Court posts 9/11 trial exhibits online

Some of the 1,200 exhibits are graphic, court warns

Monday, July 31, 2006; Posted: 5:49 p.m. EDT (21:49 GMT)

ALEXANDRIA, Virginia (AP) -- Exhibits from the trial of convicted terrorist Zacarias Moussaoui, including photographs of September 11 carnage and tape-recorded final phone calls from World Trade Center victims, were posted Monday by a federal court.

The U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, said it is the first criminal case for which a federal court has provided access to all exhibits online.

The videos, photographs and taped phone calls on the court's Web site were graphic in some cases, leading the court to mark 18 of the 1,202 exhibits "discretion advised." (See the exhibitsicon.offsite.gif)

Other trial exhibits range from motel receipts for the September 11 suicide hijackers to photographs of the U.S. flight schools where some of the terrorists learned to pilot commercial jets.

Also among the exhibits are the surveillance videotapes of some of the terrorists passing through airport security checkpoints before climbing aboard the jetliners they hijacked.

Indicted in December 2001, Moussaoui pleaded guilty last year to terrorism conspiracy charges.

When he testified in court this year, Moussaoui claimed he was to hijack a fifth plane on September 11. He told jurors that Richard Reid, now imprisoned for a December 2001 shoe bombing attempt aboard a trans-Atlantic flight, was to be on his hijacking team.

Choosing between sentencing him to execution or life in prison, the jury found Moussaoui directly responsible for deaths on September 11, but declined to give him the death penalty.

Professing surprise at the life sentence, Moussaoui moved to withdraw his guilty plea and appeal his sentence.

Moussaoui said he lied on the witness stand March 27. He reversed four years of denials and claimed he was to hijack a fifth jetliner on September 11, 2001, and crash it into the White House, "even though I knew that was a complete fabrication."

After the sentencing, Osama bin Laden said in an audio tape that Moussaoui had nothing to do with the September 11 attacks.

http://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/notablecases/moussaoui/exhibits/

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: 9/11 Trial Evidence Posted Online

i didn't follow the moussaoui thing very closely, but i recall not more than a couple of years ago watching a frontline or something of the sort on his trial and i recall the gist of the program was that the govt didn't have jack on him. guess that changed. so he denied it for years, then changed it to get a death sentence, and when he didn't get it he changed his tune again?

Guest spectr

dude he was crazy the whole trail was a fucking joke. right after he got senteced they claimed to have the 20th hijacker sitting down in guantanamo locked up. thanks for the link on that shit man. jorge padilla was the really scary shit that happened right after sept 11th.

cockpit voice recorder picks up the guys outside the cockpit saying they were going to use a delivery tray to break through the cockpit door.......bullshit! cockpit voice recorders don't pick up voices from outside the cockpit...that is some of the evidence used in the moussaoui trial.

Guest spectr
cockpit voice recorder picks up the guys outside the cockpit saying they were going to use a delivery tray to break through the cockpit door.......bullshit! cockpit voice recorders don't pick up voices from outside the cockpit...that is some of the evidence used in the moussaoui trial.

dude shit was really ridiciulous. i have a friend who is a lawyer that i talk to quite often we end up having a couple hour long conversation once maybe twice a week. we talked about that trail and how truely fucked up it was, 90% of the shit they did was completely illegal and most of the evidence against him was completely made up. but seriously even scarier then him is what they did to padilla. it could be any one of us.

^Braveheart yall, thats all i gotta say. he might be Hollywood crazy though.

i dont know very much about this case but ive heard things that didnt sit well including the cockpit info casek mentioned. if im correct, this would count as the first "9/11 trial" that actually was prosecuted "successfully".

Guest spectr

nope remember he changed his plea... he said he was guilty and wanted to get killed to act as a martyr... so no i wouldnt say it was succesfully prosecuted. if he had been convicted in trial the legal battle would have dragged on for years and he most likely would have won. granted it would have been 30 years from now or so but still.

nope remember he changed his plea... he said he was guilty and wanted to get killed to act as a martyr... so no i wouldnt say it was succesfully prosecuted. if he had been convicted in trial the legal battle would have dragged on for years and he most likely would have won. granted it would have been 30 years from now or so but still.

it was successfully prosecuted only in the sense that the govt convicted the "20th Hijacker".