Find results that contain...
Find results in...
graffincDOTcom

-=- BBOY BBQ -=- ROCHESTER, NY -=-

yo i got more but thats all im going to post for now,

That was a real dope event, if you wern't there then you really missed out

Gotta thank ZONE for settin that shit up and anyone else

that may have helped him, cant wait for next year

EVERYONE KILLED IT, I AM PISSED AT MYSELF FOR MISSING. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE FUA WALL COMPLETE. ALSO PROPS TO THE HI FAM FOR ROCKING IT..

I wish I had known about this... I was in Buffalo this weekend, and actually swung through Rochester to see someone on the way home on Sunday.

Looks like fun...

grafitti7_29_06.jpg

Rochester Celebrates Hip Hop

by Rocco Vertuccio

Photo by Bryan Beard

Published Jul 29, 2006

Rochester's hip hop culture was in the spotlight over the weekend, at an event that gave everyone a chance to learn more about what the culture is all about.

Some break dancing, live music, and graffiti art on Clinton Avenue were all a part of the annual B-Boy BBQ.

Organizers said that this is an arts festival to celebrate the hip hop artistry in a positive way. They said that graffiti is not always vandalism; it can be a form of artistic impression and communication.

"The hip hop culture needed something in Rochester to put it together. Also the way the city is going we can show we can host a good cultural event in a rough neighborhood and have a good time," said Zone Arguinzoni.

Zone and his crew have helped some Rochester teenagers put together anti-tobacco messages by using graffiti.

Rochester is one of only three cities nationwide that host this event, the others are Philadelphia and San Diego.

http://www.rnews.com/Story_2004.cfm?ID=40434&rnews_story_type=18&category=10

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now