Summer Gigs: the best and the worst

Soup BDC

Not that I would blame you if you didn't take time away from 12 oz to get one, but seeing as Summer 06 is wrapping up, I was wondering what those of you that did thought of them.

Hurs mine.

Swim Instructor 37.5 hours a week, $8-$10 per hour.

Must be certified CPR and Lifeguard.

Pros:

-She-Boss is fucking fine as hell, who you can't touch cus your dude likes her, but she'll rub your back with suntan lotion, and brownbag a lunch for you every day.

-Paid to exercise

-lax coworkers in bikinis

-You get employed every now and then by parents to lifeguard their kid's swim party at $50 an hour.

-Private lessons are $1 a minute.

-Kids have a short attention span, so a 30 minute swim lesson is pretty much 10 minutes of instruction and 20 minutes chillin out.

Cons:

-Constantly in the sun, you will get burned

-The dude coworkers are faags who will call in sick on a weekly basis. No break for you.

-You get tired of the fucking parents' questions, who pay to watch you play with their kids cus they're retards.

-$190 for Lifeguard Certification

Graphic designer: $8 hourly, 40 hours a week max, $150 a month untaxed for gas money... if you acatually drive.

Pros:

-Work that goes over 40 hours a week is comissioned

-Paid to do art

-Paid to make an art portfolio.

Cons:

-Boss is your age, insecure, and coked out

-Co workers are your age, insecure, and coked out

-Company spends more than it makes

-You share an office with your co worker who has bad BO, and replaced his chair with yours after his funk permanently seeped into the chair.

-Office is 80 degrees

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.