Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nic Thamaire

A-ONE REST IN PEACE

Guest beardo

oh shit, i remember seeing some Aone stuff a long time ago.. is this the same dude?

RIP

bump

I really liked his stuff. One of the first few "abstract" painters and he did some really cool stuff. That wall he did at Fashion Moda in the 80s, that was in some book (Wall Art? Don't remember) has stuck with me very distinctly for a long, long time (since I first saw it, which must've been '85-86.)

addendum: Art Crimes posted a quote from the piece mentioned above:

"The Deadly Aone standing on the top of A mountain of dreams, telling myself the broil isn't as hard as it seems! Colors: bake, burn, sizzle, roast, grill and broil."

Guest beardo

damn, it is the one im thinking. his use of bold colors had a big impact on my early work. RIP again

dayam, what happened how did he past, i met him years ago at the harlem wall of fame, wouldn`t share his techniques with me so it made me figure a way to do my thang...dayam never got to thank him for holdin out on me...yo a one keep paintin..0ne

Sizzle Burnin forever

Yeah much respect and R I P to Aone. His bold abstract styles were refreshing break from the run of the Mil Pieces Characters being done. We are losing too many people in this thing of ours so let me say piece to those who have passed on and those still among us. Especially to the 156 Guru's JON ONE, KYLE, OMNI, PRAZE, SICK, OJ, HANG, many others.

Peace

Rest in Power...

yet another person who's artwork we love and respect is gone forever...

live your life to the fullest.. dont let anyone get in the way of your goals..

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this