Clerks Deux

TinCan

Yo so Clerks 2 comes out today and the papers (Philly Weekly and City Paper) ripped Mr. Smith a new asshole. I'm gonna see this after work, I mean c'mon this movie's gotta be worth something, I'm expecting it to be downright hilarious, especially the mexican donkey sex.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting to note that, as Kevin Smith has changed and matured as a filmmaker, he has elected to close the circle and look back from a perspective of a dozen years at the movie that put him on the indie map, Clerks. Clerks II is a direct sequel to that movie, albeit one that transpires a decade later - the first such movie Smith has done (although many of his films have featured cameos by characters from other pictures). It feels both the same as and different from its predecessor: the same, in that the script is constructed around a truckload of nearly X-rated gags, and different, in that Smith is peddling a message.

http://www.movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/c/clerks2.html

believe i will see this on monday. maybe tuesday.

during the day so the ghetto's wont ruin the experience, and before wednesday because thats when my wisdom teeth come out. and i would like to see it sober first.

go see it right after the tooth comes out. make sure they give you the gas!

Kevin smiths movies are worthless most of the time. Clerks was hilarious. Dogma was awesome. I used to like mallrats, then I watched it again once I was not 11, and realized its cheesey and not even funny to begin with. Jay and silent bob strike back was terrible. He's really not all that.

http://silentbobspeaks.com/?p=263

peep this, they were talkin about this on opie and anthony show on wensday when kevin smith was theyre.They actually got joel on the phone, and kevin went off, and the whole conversation joel didnt even know he was talkin to kevin smith until he said " i give kevin smith all the respect and if he is listening i want him to know that" and then everyone went OFF abusing this guy on air, it was golden

i thought this was hilarious. gotta say i went into it thinking it was going to suck, figuring a sequel would never work. it was rediculously funny, and aside from a few references the characters made about shit taking place ten years previous, it doesn't have that sequel feeling. - porch monkey 4 life.