Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TinCan

Clerks Deux

Yo so Clerks 2 comes out today and the papers (Philly Weekly and City Paper) ripped Mr. Smith a new asshole. I'm gonna see this after work, I mean c'mon this movie's gotta be worth something, I'm expecting it to be downright hilarious, especially the mexican donkey sex.

It's interesting to note that, as Kevin Smith has changed and matured as a filmmaker, he has elected to close the circle and look back from a perspective of a dozen years at the movie that put him on the indie map, Clerks. Clerks II is a direct sequel to that movie, albeit one that transpires a decade later - the first such movie Smith has done (although many of his films have featured cameos by characters from other pictures). It feels both the same as and different from its predecessor: the same, in that the script is constructed around a truckload of nearly X-rated gags, and different, in that Smith is peddling a message.

http://www.movie-reviews.colossus.net/movies/c/clerks2.html

Yo so Clerks 2 comes out today and the papers (Philly Weekly and City Paper) ripped Mr. Smith a new asshole.

but you have to think about what movie critics label as a "good movie".

I wanna see what those dudes have to say about Episodes I, II, and III, as well as Lord of the Rings and whatever else.

yeah boogie this film is probably great, in film critic school they teach them these things that only they know and I never will

apparently a huge theme to the movie is that being a slacker in your 20s might have seemed cool at the time,

but staying a slacker into your 30s is just a little depressing. I'm sure Kevin Smith can handle the maturation of the characters.

believe i will see this on monday. maybe tuesday.

during the day so the ghetto's wont ruin the experience, and before wednesday because thats when my wisdom teeth come out. and i would like to see it sober first.

believe i will see this on monday. maybe tuesday.

during the day so the ghetto's wont ruin the experience, and before wednesday because thats when my wisdom teeth come out. and i would like to see it sober first.

go see it right after the tooth comes out. make sure they give you the gas!

apparently a huge theme to the movie is that being a slacker in your 20s might have seemed cool at the time,

but staying a slacker into your 30s is just a little depressing. I'm sure Kevin Smith can handle the maturation of the characters.

i thought you said masturbation for a second

Kevin Smith said that this is the funniest movie he's ever been apart of.

go see it right after the tooth comes out. make sure they give you the gas!

my ass is getting put under. 5 teeth are coming out. no way in hell will i be anywhere near coherant for that.

the movie was great they kind of over did it with the toilet humor, but none the less i laughed a lot.

thanks

Kevin smiths movies are worthless most of the time. Clerks was hilarious. Dogma was awesome. I used to like mallrats, then I watched it again once I was not 11, and realized its cheesey and not even funny to begin with. Jay and silent bob strike back was terrible. He's really not all that.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now