boogie hands friday "nerdy humor" post....

boogie hands

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i have no idea what youre talking about key. you should post it up if you have it.

here is a nerdy wikipedia entry to really top off this thread....

Series of tubes is a term coined by United States Senator Ted Stevens, a Republican from Alaska, describing the Internet in a June 28, 2006 speech about network neutrality. Stevens was criticizing a proposed amendment to a bill in the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation which would have disallowed ISPs from charging fees to give some companies faster Internet access:

"They want to deliver vast amounts of information over the Internet. And again, the Internet is not something you just dump something on. It's not a big truck.

It's a series of tubes.

And if you don't understand those tubes can be filled and if they are filled, when you put your message in, it gets in line and its going to be delayed by anyone that puts into that tube enormous amounts of material, enormous amounts of material...

Ten of them streaming across that internet and what happens to your own personal internet? I just the other day got, an internet [sic] was sent by my staff at 10 o'clock in the morning on Friday and I just got it yesterday. Why?"

full entry here

I read that full article a couple weeks ago. Rediculous.

It's amazing how fucked the internet is going to become.

you know when you talk to older people and they tell you crazy stories about driving around their town with all their friends and a quart of whiskey on a friday night? our stories about the internet are going to be just as outrageous sounding.

worth1000.jpg

i found this pretty funny because i hate "mac people" so much. i dont really hate them. just dont gloat about how great macs are because honestly, anyone who isnt using a mac probably doesnt give enough of a shit about computers to care.

yeah I read fark too.

why were the roman senators mad when Caligula's horse, incitatus, became one of them?

answer: the neighs always outnumber the yay's. (that one's a little easier)

The unprecedented period of peace that thrived under Augustus, allowed the meteoric rise of what ancient upscale retailer?

Answer: Sacks Romana

i can also cleverly rhyme the name of any emperor, except for Pupienus (pronounced poopy anus), which needs no added humour