UN/ broken record

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
fuck..

in 2006, the UN is worthless..

really, i think the UN is a thing of the past..the get no love or respect from anyone in the world.

Bush proved this when he said fuck the UN.. im going to iraq.

FUCK YOUR COUCH!

yeah exactly, i think the UN had been pretty good until 2003 when the UN Security Council vetoed the U.S.'s resolution for war and Bush said fuck it and invaded anyways. Which kinda made it look pointless.

• 1 month later...
do they ever actually do anything or do they just call for ignored immediate ceasefires every other day?

The United Nations and nations like France are always pussyfooting around and negotiating with terrorists. The U.S. so far is the hardest on terrorists in this "Global War on Terror" (as more than 90 nations are participating, not just the U.S.)... most Europeans are self-centered, and the reason why they're not as hardline on terrorism is because they haven't had a 9/11 happen to them to "wake the sleeping giant" that is the European Union. Prior to 9/11, the U.S. only saw terrorism as a criminal act that only required law enforcement measures and the regular U.S. court to prosecute the terrorists. Following 9/11, the U.S. saw terrorism as acts of war, and like acts of war, required both military and CIA action coupled with law enforcement action. Many European nations still seem to think terrorism just requires arrests and that will solve the problem.

I'm not a fan of the war in Iraq, and was against it from the moment Bush decided to invade -- but still, I can still see where he's coming from on a broader scale, about not only neutralizing terrorists, but neutralizing their idealogy as well. And, according to Bush, spreading democracy and hoping for a "domino effect" at the "heartland" of Islamic terrorism itself is the way to do it. I'm not going to agree, but I can't say I disagree either. The only way is to watch as it unfolds. It will more than likely take decades before we start seeing results.

I didn't even know they had U.N. outposts in southern Lebanon until that recent Hezbollah-Israel altercation. I find out they were there since the Lebanese Civil War in the 1980's. Yet Hezbollah, which is branded a terrorist organization by many nations, were able to set up shop and gain control of southern Lebanon and eventually build their armament from Iran and Syria and then fire missles into Israeli cities... all while U.N. troops sat and let it happen. Talk about ineffective.

yeah invading middle eastern countries and lettign them spiral into civil war while terrorizing the population is definitely attacking terrorism at the source and will result in a generation of peace loving arabs

The majority of the deaths in Iraq are at the hands of Iraqi and foreign Islamists, not the U.S. military. These daily suicide bombings and mortar attacks on schools and roving bands of masked death squads carrying out killings are Islamic terrorists, not U.S. troops.