Pet Peeves - Summer'06

RumPuncher

every post you make makes me think i had you pegged all wrong (ie wildly unsafe), and if that's the case, my bad. i agree with the brake tapping thing, by which i mean i agree that it is a bad idea. what i mean by courteous is allowing other people to do what they want on the road and expecting the same from them. in other words, if someone wants to go faster in the left lane them me, i get right. conversely i expect them to vacate the left lane if they aren't going fast enough, but i tend to effect this by means of flashing high beams, rather than tailgaiting. on the other hand, if someone wants to go faster than i'm going in the left lane, when i am travelling as fast as that lane will allow and it is clear that no one will be going fast than this because the lane is full as far as the eye can see, then i'm sorry, but you riding my ass, no homo, is not going to get me to tailgate the guy in front of me. that's just an increased risk to go the exact same speed. this happened to me the other day; the guy got so mad at me (or maybe just the traffic in general), that he swerved into the lane to the right, sped up, passed about 7 cars on the right, then slipped into the fastlane again to go the exact same speed. that dude is scum. and this is the type of driver i had you figured for, krakatau, and i seem to have been mistaken. i just hope that when you are discourteous to dickhead drivers that you are safe about it, because some people will fly the fuck off the handle, and this can be bad for everyone on the road.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what i mean by courteous is allowing other people to do what they want on the road and expecting the same from them.

YES!

Chalk it up to miscommunication. I'm sure I come off as some sort of redneck halfwit on here most of the time, no worries.

------>BalognaZone is now my homie.

so I have a new one....

THE SLOW FRIEND OF A FRIEND

So I wake up late on sunday morning and the girl and I figure we should go for brunch.

She invites her slow friend to come along. I dont mind this girl, she's nice enough,

BUT EVERYTHING SHE DOES IS SLOW. I'm ready to go and I end up having to wait 5min

while she gets ready. We get to the patio, and she needs 'a few extra mintues' to order

her food. While she's wasting time deciding between eggs and ham or just eggs, a table

of 10 people are ordering on the other side of the patio. that means they will get their

order in before us, and we'll be sitting around like suckers. bah!

Then after all that, she's the worlds slowest eater. Once it's all done, I've got my money

on the table, ready to split, but she's gotta go to the bathroom, and DOES IT BEFORE PAYING.

So I'm wating another 10 minutes for her to get back, then figure out her part of the bill.

Somehow a simple impromptu bruch ends up taking an hour and a half.

The short version:

You can be a lazy stoner on your own time, but keep up with the pack or get left behind.

When im with slow people it drives me NUTS. Like when buddys bring their girlfriends with us when were doing somthing they KNOW they cant handle such as wondering around abandon buildings and rock quarrys at 2 in the morning. If i a fucking monsters runs at us that bitch better be a track star or some shit. Were climbing shit and breaking things and shes tippy-toeing around like Freddy krugers around every corner.

cell phone users- especially on the train..or people walking down a busy sidewalk not paying attention because theyre flapping their fucking jaws.

women who wear entirely too much perfume-i shouldnt dry heave when i sit next to you, because you bathed in cheap knockoff perfume this morning.

How about when you get dragged out, broke, to a fucking club that ends up with 25 people there, tops. And then you try to move an ottoman, and, because there was glass jutting out of it, get cut up and bleed profusely. Then, after explaining to the owner of the club what happened (and getting several band-aids off of him), ask him nicely for a beer for the troubles, and he, like a snake, walks off without even a "yes" or a "no".

I made sure the owner overheard parts of my plan to come back on another night and destroy every mirror in the place.

YES!

Chalk it up to miscommunication. I'm sure I come off as some sort of redneck halfwit on here most of the time, no worries.

------>BalognaZone is now my homie.

here's lookin at you, nukkah.

my real pet peeve is people who have outdated pet peeves. like 'i'm tired of people using cell phones during the previews at movies.' well i'm tired of hearing about it. that must be a sharp ass ax, since you've ben grinding it for about a decade.