Guns are drawn in Lebanon!

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats my name yo, also spelled yannis. Besides that i'd like to say fuck israel and in the meantime greece shipowners are making BIG money out of having their ships and crew rented by every country in the world to send ships to evacuate their people from lebanon...

todays language lesson.

In latin the letters J and W did not exist. However, the I, in one of its uses, took the place of the J in the manner we contemporarily think. Example:

The word January is from the latin word ianuari, which meant doorway. Hence January is the doorway to the new year.

So. Names such as Ian are related to Such english names as John, but such a connection. I assume much the same follows for Greek.

Two years of latin in highschool, I barely remember stuff, but aparently I got this on lock. Or I may be wrong.

You know what hacks me off??

Isreal has been kidnapping and imprisoning palestinian civilians by the thousands for years and holding them in prisons without even charging them. So by palestinian standards, their people are being kidnapped all the time by the Jews. So now somebody captures an Isreali soldier (and I used the word captured for a reason) And the Isreali tresspassers go and bomb the sea ports, the airports and the electricity in Lebanon because Hezbollah is stupid. Ok, now the waterpumps that pump the water to the common people are run on electricity, the food supplies are rotten by now so millions of innocent people are suffering because this wicked Jewish regime wants to play tough guy now that Sharon is out of the picture.

All they wanted was for a few palestinian prisoners to be released. The Isrealis couldve just gave them a few people for a trade of and diffused this situation.We got the trigger happy Isreali govt and the rootinest tootinest Bush babies , Hezbollah and Iran are nuts (and we know what they are capable of) It couldve been negotioated but instead people are now talking like this is going to be WW3.

friggin great.

At least the Americans, Italians, French & the English are evacuating their citizens. the faggot Australian Government hasn't made a single effort to get any of the Australians out of there (there is 25,000). The 'international' airport has been bombed but there is still miles, and miles of evacautation points as the Italians have already found.

FUCK AUSTRALIA & FUCK JOHN HOWARD

funny thing is the americans being evacuated have to sign a "promissary note" which says that when they make it back to the U.S. they have to pay back the full cost of the transportation out of Lebanon to the American Govt.....wtf?....thats the same thing as when the American Govt. said "if you soldiers in Iraq want better body armor..you have to pay for it out of your own pocket"....man fuck that!!.....why is our country so cheap?

despite what people wanna think about israel and whether they have the right to exist; i'm pulling for israel. i hope they destroy hezbollah, and eliminate their leadership. fact is hezbollah started this shit. hezbollah didn't expect a strong retalliation -- they expected a prisoner exchange like in the past. and prisoner exchanges only encourages more kidnappings.

Unicef and the World Health Organisation said in a Geneva statement that there was a serious psychological effect from the fighting, which has killed more than 200 people and injured some 550 in Lebanon.

Israel: 25 dead, including 13 civilians, Israeli military says.

Lebanon: 212 dead, Lebanese authorities say, including 11 soldiers; no further breakdown between civilians and military personnel.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/19/mideast/index.html

Oh and in regards to whether or not Syria will get involved:

Hezbollah is an independent military group. They are more concerned with ridding the region of Zionists than creating an Islamic state. They operate independently but consult with Syrian leaders and Iranian leaders.

So you might say that Syria is already involved. Also, there is a small area of the Golan heights which the UN recognizes as Syria, but Lebanon and Syria have agreed is part of Lebanon.

Holy crap.

I thought Israel was relatively good at killing only who they wanted to kill.

IN LEBANON:

At least 227 people have been killed and more than 450 wounded, according to figures reported by the Lebanese national police and the military. Among the dead are 20 Lebanese army soldiers and two Hezbollah guerrillas.

Among the civilian deaths are 8 Canadians, 2 Kuwaiti nationals, 1 Iraqi, 1 Sri Lankan, 1 Jordanian, police have reported.

thats nuts.

Anyone else hear about how at the beginning of Americans being evacuated they were being forced to sign promisary notes as to the cost of the evacuation. It took an entire day before Condi Rice came out and said that they would not actually be charged for the cost of the trip.

How fucking rediculous is that?

^^

funny thing is the americans being evacuated have to sign a "promissary note" which says that when they make it back to the U.S. they have to pay back the full cost of the transportation out of Lebanon to the American Govt.....wtf?....thats the same thing as when the American Govt. said "if you soldiers in Iraq want better body armor..you have to pay for it out of your own pocket"....man fuck that!!.....why is our country so cheap?

Because they make $400 billion war budgets that go to Halliburton. They're too busy feeding corporate America with "tax cuts".

my stepdad brought up a good point. Things like the promissary notes feed into the concept HardyHarHar made a thread about.

If you release publicly that the gov is gonna make people pay for being evacuated it only feeds our distrust and anger towards the government. Thus making it easier for certain parties to push for limited government, etc.

Essentially something as easy as leaking the promissary issue, even though they knew they weren't really gonna charge people, only helps further domestic power plays by parties concerned with decentralization of the Federal Government.

Still fucked up nontheless.

yeah i dont think the lebanese army can or should go against hizballah. the last thing a weak democracy needs is to be seen as a pawn of the israelis. all they can do is complain and appeal to the moral authority. which makes me think of something ive noticed on 12oz. you guys are remarkably idealistic, have a strong sense of whats right and wrong.... just an observation.

realistically though, israel has to snuff the shit out of hizballah. not cuz the un resolution 1559 or whatever said so (since when does israel listen to un resolutions), but because of the psychology of israel. not to generalize, but jewish people, more than perhaps any other people other than the palestinians and serbians (oh the irony), are brought up with the idea that they are the punching bags of the world. now that there not, they are determined to never be in that position again. a 2000 year chip on their shoulder if you will. so they are determined to never show any weakness, refuse any sort of kindness purely that it might be taken for weakness. i was tlaking about history yesterday in the palestinian thread and it applies again: the israeli thought is "sure the lebanese and palestinians are without water, but if it were up to them (them= everybody), the world would be without judaism." before anyone calls this unjustified, take a look at the demonstrations in pakistan, iran and other places. i for one have never felt my existence threatened, but im sure it isn pleasant to truly believe that your entire surroundings want you exterminated (im not saying that this is necessarily so, but i can see how israelis would perceive it so.)

as to what lebanon should do, i think its people should avoid falling into the trap of supporting hizballah because theyre fighting israel. sure, israel sucks and all and theyre kicking the shit outta you, but hizballah started it. and yes, kidnapping soldiers is legit in my opinion and housebombing is not, but war is hell. it just sucks cuz theyre stuck in such an impossible situation. people forget that syria controlled life in lebanon until just last year. and syria is one of hizballahs foremost supporters. so how can we or anyone else expect lebanon to take out hizballah?

dawood- i know that the muslim mafia in mumbai and whos leadership is based in dubai/karachi/throughout the south asian region is also named Dawood- is that what your naming is referencing (i apologize if im attributing you to crime, but how many people are named gotti on 12oz), or what is the reference that both you and them are utilizing?

You know what hacks me off??

Isreal has been kidnapping and imprisoning palestinian civilians by the thousands for years and holding them in prisons without even charging them. So by palestinian standards, their people are being kidnapped all the time by the Jews. So now somebody captures an Isreali soldier (and I used the word captured for a reason) And the Isreali tresspassers go and bomb the sea ports, the airports and the electricity in Lebanon because Hezbollah is stupid. Ok, now the waterpumps that pump the water to the common people are run on electricity, the food supplies are rotten by now so millions of innocent people are suffering because this wicked Jewish regime wants to play tough guy now that Sharon is out of the picture.

All they wanted was for a few palestinian prisoners to be released. The Isrealis couldve just gave them a few people for a trade of and diffused this situation.We got the trigger happy Isreali govt and the rootinest tootinest Bush babies , Hezbollah and Iran are nuts (and we know what they are capable of) It couldve been negotioated but instead people are now talking like this is going to be WW3.

friggin great.

True fucking story! Everyone is beleiving this shit about Isreal being provoked. It's the other way round. Isreal has some serious karma coming. Fuck them.

dawood- i know that the muslim mafia in mumbai and whos leadership is based in dubai/karachi/throughout the south asian region is also named Dawood- is that what your naming is referencing (i apologize if im attributing you to crime, but how many people are named gotti on 12oz), or what is the reference that both you and them are utilizing?

Dawood is the prophet David pronounced Dawood is Arabic , The father of Solomon (Sulayman). He is In the quran.

the israeli thought is "sure the lebanese and palestinians are without water, but if it were up to them (them= everybody), the world would be without judaism." before anyone calls this unjustified, take a look at the demonstrations in pakistan, iran and other places. i for one have never felt my existence threatened, but im sure it isn pleasant to truly believe that your entire surroundings want you exterminated (im not saying that this is necessarily so, but i can see how israelis would perceive it so.)

as to what lebanon should do, i think its people should avoid falling into the trap of supporting hizballah because theyre fighting israel. sure, israel sucks and all and theyre kicking the shit outta you, but hizballah started it. and yes, kidnapping soldiers is legit in my opinion and housebombing is not, but war is hell. it just sucks cuz theyre stuck in such an impossible situation. people forget that syria controlled life in lebanon until just last year. and syria is one of hizballahs foremost supporters. so how can we or anyone else expect lebanon to take out hizballah?

well, whole nations of people don't just hate Jews for no reason. If I were to be nice and easygoing , I would say that Jews in General are not trustworthy , upright individuals. My experiances with Jews is that the further they are from their religion and their heritage , the better person they tend to be. In general. The Isrealis have been terrorising people ever since the 1940's when they got all bigshot.

And exactly how did Hezbollah start it?

I'm not sticking up for Hezbollah and I don't agree with their political ideologies or religious beliefs so don't get the wrong idea because I am a muslim.

But, how did they start it?