Right Said Fred challenges anyone to a battle of wits !

Right Said Fred

ab=a^2

ab-b^2=a^2-b^2

b(a-b)=(a+b)(a-b)

b=a+b let a=b

b=2b let b=1

1=2

that can't be right.. where did i go wrong, rsf?

Oh, I think I got it this time.

The problem arises from this b^2 term that is added in the second step of the proof.

You start out with a nice 1=1 statement, then change it to 0=0 but when you factor out the a-b term, a problem arises. I'm not exactly sure what rule this violates in math (I haven't studied rules in a while). Again though, I believe that the problem comes from use of 2 variables to signify 1 number.

This is because ab-b^2=a^2-b^2 is actually aa-aa=aa-aa, so you shouldn't factor the left side of the equation as b(a-b), that's not factoring it all the way (or something like that) because what you really have there is a(a-a).

You know what. Screw that whole explanation except for the very last part. Dividing the a-b out of both sides of the equation is not a viable step because you are dividing by 0 in that case. You can't divide anything by zero.

I'm not good at putting these things into words.

-fuse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what are these "gimmick names" that' date=' according to you, i've created? your obsession of me is so deep that every gimick name that pops up, you accuse of being me. get ahold of yourself, you're the only one here that's obsessed with me.[/quote']

Sorry, man, I'm not obsessed with you, I just have a decent memory. I couldn't even remember why I had you on ignore initially other than you said some stupid shit, so when you pulled out the whole Counterstrike thing I was actually pretty surprised. I wouldn't call it an obsession, but if you're going to play that game then sure, you're obsessed with me (so ridiculous). Don't worry, I push your gimmicks out of my head shortly after they've passed so I can't whip out any ammo right now. I just think it's funny that your presence is once again all over this place and yet you didn't post in this thread until after I did. Perhaps I'm just making assumptions, I don't have the ability to see IP addresses on here but there are some who can. Anyway, let me get back to obsessing over you in private.

I just think it's funny that your presence is once again all over this place and yet you didn't post in this thread until after I did. Perhaps I'm just making assumptions' date=' I don't have the ability to see IP addresses on here but there are some who can. Anyway, let me get back to obsessing over you in private.[/quote']

Not only are you making assumptions, but you're making false statements. Scroll back to page one; I had already posted in this thread before you first posted (and made those false accusations). And yeah, any Mod or whomever that can check IP's will see that I'm not this "Right Said Fred" character.

Not only are you making assumptions' date=' but you're making false statements. Scroll back to page one; I had already posted in this thread before you first posted (and made those false accusations). And yeah, any Mod or whomever that can check IP's will see that I'm not this "Right Said Fred" character.[/quote']

Yeah, he's not Right Said Fred...

Nah' date=' now, I spoke and cleared you of being RSF but don't act like dude doesn't have a leg to stand on.[/quote']

it's about him making an accusation, not backing it up -- and then when called out for it, he brings up 2004. first talking about something current, then when he can't prove it, he brings up his little grudge from two years ago. people that make a statement, and can't back it up, so they bring up something different and unrelated from 2 years ago are known as cowards. i don't expect him to admit he's wrong, but because they're wrong they go to the "yeah but remember the time you..." that little kids do. dude wants to keep talking about the past because he needs the drama. he's done this in more than one thread recently; bringing up me posting pictures in 2004 when most people don't care about something so trivial from 2 years ago. it's as if he's angry that i've stopped posting the flicks and he wants it back.

Haha' date=' just shut up you fag. You're the fucking child. You could just throw a joke back but you get all uppity and start typing out paragraphs of noise. Give it a rest.[/quote']

100% of the time you bring the subject up, homo... you should ask yourself to give it a rest

And really' date=' you've stopped posting flicks?[/quote']

wow, one picture in a thread where everyone made random quips. i'm talking about now compared to 2004. just admit it you are a fan of the random flicks of 2004 and you're mad that it has stopped and so in response you stalk me like a fan that was let down.

oh yeah and that picture was hilarious

wow, one picture in a thread where everyone made random quips. i'm talking about now compared to 2004. just admit it you are a fan of the random flicks of 2004 and you're mad that it has stopped and so in response you stalk me like a fan that was let down.

oh yeah and that picture was hilarious

Take that cock out yo ass!