Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fuse=--action

Cars: Engine modifications

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

FUCK THAT.

Take your civic and use it as a donor car to build a Locost, You'll be out of owning wheels for a good 20 months, but three thousand dollars later you'll have the greatest thing alive.

*edit: I'm not gonna lie, I just want another 12 ozer to take on this venture so I don't feel so crazy.

example:

finished.jpg

ah' date=' niceee. mines white and its the 2nd gen.[/quote']

pics!

I :heartbeat: my MR2, even though yours is faster. Handles like a go-kart. Pretty rare car around here, actually.

is the 2nd gen the rounder body? 91-93?

Yes, rounder body than the MK1 I pictured. MK2 is 90-99.

Don't get me wrong, the Civic is a great car. It's my daily driver, and it has great potential when modded.. but FWD sports cars just don't do it for me anymore.

agreed, im totally done with FWD.

AWD or RWD. i highly enjoy my subaru, great upgrade from my integra gs-r which at the end of its time was deemed as the "crap tank" i hated it by the time i got rid of it.

Assuming "performance" == go fast in a straight line' date=' the best bang for your buck would be B18B1 (Integra LS) swap -> turbo it approx 7psi, don't forget to get it tuned. Should hold up fine on stock internals.[/quote']

more like a B18c5....if you swap you might aswell build up the engine, screw the 7 pounds it will only get you about 50whp.....garbage!...but 7psi will hold up on stock interns you are right about that.

honda/acura/toyota* killah........

thegizzle.jpg

*minus some supras

damnit.

Damn...wow..the "killah" hey..post some pics of your engine...i bet my honda would walk your ass....minus some supra's??! lemme see under that hood

more like a B18c5....if you swap you might aswell build up the engine' date=' screw the 7 pounds it will only get you about 50whp.....garbage!...but 7psi will hold up on stock interns you are right about that.[/quote']

I said best bang for his buck, and was trying to keep it simple. Also, if you're only getting 50whp from 7psi on a LS then something is wrong with your motor or your tuning skills.

Btw: I may be selling my 280zx turbo. Its got some pretty bad rust under it on the frame rails, and I still havent gotten time to replace them. I love the car, but I may part it out and give the engine to my pops so he can put it in a 240.

Ive been looking at a 300zx turbo. It is alittle banged up but im pretty good with bodywork now.

For visual:

sasha%202.JPG

In the end I would like it to look something like the japanese 200ZR:

z31club-000a.jpg

Hopefully I can get around to putting a rb20det in it...

I decided that for right now I'll probably get a cool air intake because it seems to yeild a fair amount of power for a rather low cost. That way I can enjoy a little more power, save money for the next mod, and think about what the next mod should be (and if that happens to be an engine swap, whatever, I haven't lost much money).

The question is what kind to get. I hear AEM makes some of the best cool air intakes for civics, but I've also found this front end mounted cool air intake, but I don't know how to feel about it.

-fuse.

p.s. If the linked intake is actually an intercooler, I was actually just searching the internet for a front end mounted intake (that exists) that was described to me, so I may not have found the exact intake in question.

you should just get a Honda Beat. that thing looks rad, too bad it isnt imported to the states...because theyd get run over every 5 seconds

im faster than an sti. LOLOLOL!!!

Although your car is faster than mine, our friendship will never fade. <3

I decided that for right now I'll probably get a cool air intake because it seems to yeild a fair amount of power for a rather low cost. That way I can enjoy a little more power, save money for the next mod, and think about what the next mod should be (and if that happens to be an engine swap, whatever, I haven't lost much money).

The question is what kind to get. I hear AEM makes some of the best cool air intakes for civics, but I've also found this front end mounted cool air intake, but I don't know how to feel about it.

-fuse.

p.s. If the linked intake is actually an intercooler, I was actually just searching the internet for a front end mounted intake (that exists) that was described to me, so I may not have found the exact intake in question.

Ive seen only a few of the those intakes, I'm not too sure about them. If it were me, i would just got with the Cai. I had an AEM Cai on my eclipse back in the day, never had any problems with it and it sounded nice..not loud like a ram air intake, those are pretty obnoxious.

I dont know too much about honda's. I mainly stick to nissans, and mitsubishi's. So some of my comments may be generalized or off about honda specifics.

If you are going to do engine swap, just save your money. The Cai wont be a difference you can feel. Putting a k&n air filter into your stock box for now would almost be the same thing, as a cai will not unleash much hp from your honda stock.

If you are going to do engine swap' date=' just save your money. The Cai wont be a difference you can feel. Putting a k&n air filter into your stock box for now would almost be the same thing, as a cai will not unleash much hp from your honda stock.[/quote']

The problem is that I wouldn't have the necessary funds for quite some time, so I was wanting to do this in the mean time (also while I figure the whole "my car being given to my kid sister" thing out). If the sister thing happened, I would be getting a manual, which are better for mod'ing/more fun.

I also started looking at flywheels today and thinking about low end torque and transient energy. Some are much more expensive than others is all that I'm noticing so far.

-fuse.