Cars: Engine modifications

fuse=--action

I'm looking at making some modifications to my engine sometime eventually (I'm really non-commital) and was wondering what knowledge my fellow 12oz'ers might have to offer.

This is what comes up when you google "up in here"

upinhere.jpg

What?

-fuse.

p.s. Sorry for biting your style boogie hands, just thought that my post was too short.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See that's the thing, this could happen as far away as a couple years. I'm mostly interested in performance. So I guess I would be interested in what the least expensive upgrade for the best amount of horsepower would be. A sort of "more bang for your buck" affair.

I'm really hoping that the answer to this question isn't one of those goddamn exhaust systems, I hate those.

And yeah, it's a ricer (but I still like it), '95 Civic.

And yes, I'm fully aware that stickers add massive horsepower.

-fuse.

*edit, flames too.

'95 Civic.

Assuming "performance" == go fast in a straight line, the best bang for your buck would be B18B1 (Integra LS) swap -> turbo it approx 7psi, don't forget to get it tuned. Should hold up fine on stock internals.

Well, little mods that tune your car can add some horsepower. For example get the synthetic oil at your next oil change, replace your old spark plugs with platinum spark plugs. Getting these sparkplugs will slightly improve horsepower and mileage per gallon. The engine swap is a little expensive but if you have the cash I would definitly say to get it. Get a cold air intake, but i would say, dont get an exhaust.

Well I'm back, I appreciate the input from all of you.

I'll probably save up for a while because I don't know how long I'll have this car (my kid sister starts driving soon, and I hear rumors that my car might be given to her and replaced by something nice with a manual transmission) so I don't want to do anything to it quite yet. But it's good to know a sort of ballpark figure on what I'm saving for.

-fuse.

FUCK THAT.

Take your civic and use it as a donor car to build a Locost, You'll be out of owning wheels for a good 20 months, but three thousand dollars later you'll have the greatest thing alive.

*edit: I'm not gonna lie, I just want another 12 ozer to take on this venture so I don't feel so crazy.

example:

finished.jpg