Influence of math in writing

Breakinblazer2000

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

It is our attempt at recreating aspects of the Sacred Geometry.Archetypes that represent where we and the universe come from.Our direct connection to the god force.

Certain intersections of lines have a universally known and recognized impact and meaning.

Geomatria. Pictographs.Ancient Symbolism...

all relate to modern day piecing..in one form or another.

yeah, just like how renaissance painters used geometry to space the figures and put emphasis on certain places to engage the eye of the viewer. if you ever read the book, Ways Of Seeing, I believe it touches on those issues. i'm sure it translates well to lettering and is probably good to know, but i don't like the idea of relieing on formulas to make a nice piece. 36 chambers, yo.

Eskae

Eskae is (in my opinion) the king of geometric symbolism is graffiti. His link in Art Crimes is under Ezra Li - he just had a fine art show in Oakland where he made a dodecahedron out of string! This guy is using more brain power than my whole posse combined. I think there is even an essay in HiFi about math in graf that mentions him as an innovator. Darkat represent.

u guys remeber in math class, they'd give u those werk sheets, and u'd have to do the math question, and then the answer was a letter and u filled in the little blanks, and there was a secret message at the end?! yeah well i was htinking about doing a piece of all numbers and having the key code thingy at the side.......that's how math influienced my graff so far.

mathematics is the key to the universe..(prophecy)....nothing is random..numbers are behind everything.....forcing things to look one way or another.....matter of fact randomness is something that one has to stirive for...it does not just exist....and this translates into graff in this way......lets say we have a peice ..just one...by an established artist.......everything that is included in that peice has to be made/created.....nothing is left to chance....every shadow.....every arrow......that is the same way a mathemetician approaches an equation...the end result can be varied...but one cannot finish a peice without doing A,B,C,D steps before E,F,G steps........"yer incomplete like a peice without the highlights" or something like that..........Pythagoras knew that the golden triangle would always be a constant.......and now you cannot make atriangle without subscribing to what he stated so long ago.....A2 x B2 = C2.....it is always true...make any triangle any dimension and see.......the same truths exist witin any peice of art.....they just need to be seen and recorded as truths and then tested......but they are there.....if you look in the right way..

Math? well, composition is important, the way you utilize your canvas, freight, or

trashcan will influence your final product. Symmetry looks superb, if the writer

is painting "CARD", than the piece will begin with the same shape as it ends.

Guest Funk~That
Originally posted by seeking innocence

yo dog, you should do a paper on the mathmatical probability that graffiti is gonna get me mad pussy.

seeking/uncarachtaristicly speaking

yeah DOG! yes and writen has got me pussy!

Archived