Nirvana Vs. Pearl Jam with Creed on top

DEFY ONE

Re: Nirvana Vs. Pearl Jam

i cant believe this is even being discussed. cultural impact aside, pearl jam was and continues to be a much more musically talented band.

Not only that, but their song structure and range of style is soooo much larger.

both bands were great.

-the.crooked

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

Jackie is a punk Judy is a runt

They both went down to Berlin, joined the ice capades

And oh, I dont know why oh, I dont know why

Perhaps they'll die, oh yeah perhaps they'll die, oh yeah

Second verse, same as the first

Third verse, different from the first

They both went down to Frisco, joined the SLA

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

charles bronson is an ok band.

Good answer. Well, you like heavier stuff, nothing wrong with that. So do I...and a lot of other stuff that seems to surprise people.

I saw Pearl Jam about six months before they got huge, and I thought they put on a pretty good show. But, nothing lasts, and they fell the fuck off.

Okay, I had a pretty hard time understand that post, but I'm going to do my best regardless...

Your focus on the so-called mosh is more or less everything that's wrong with hardcore. It was never, at any point about being violent- did that come off in the expression involved in the music? Yes... but anyone who is solely interested in the aspect of beating people up with music as the background music needs to find something else to do. Maybe grab a football and roll around with your gym buddies at the local park, I don't know.

In addition, I'm not too sure how you could consider punk rock 'emo'? Are you going on the premise that a band refers to themself as such?... Although this tends to happen, it's extremely easy to see through. Punk rock is punk rock, I can refer to anything I listen to as such, but it doesn't make it a true statement. But hey, maybe this confusion will keep you away from shows.

Ummm... I ya. . with the punk emo..... uhhhh.. .

what?

Ummm... I ya. . with the punk emo..... uhhhh.. .

what?

Yes, "emo" bands claim to be punk. People use 'punk' as a catch-all which is actually a fairly selective label- punk could be considered anything that's making something new... therefore these "emo" bands that doodguy is so articulately referring to are clearly not 'punk' in the purist sense/definition but merely as a selling point.......

I'm drunk, I'll deal with your fool ass tomorrow.

Pearl Jam, no question. They do have a few shitty albums but like someone else said.. they have way more range and they're way more talented. That and Nirvana reminds me of the 1994 versions of Hot Topic kids with stupid squiggley-mouthed smiley faces drawn on their backpacks, pant-leg beanies and 420 t-shirts.

I'd rather be grouped in the with goatee-laden hippies over the 'my parents just don't understand me like Kurt did!' kids.

Nirvana's still cool.. but I still talk shit on people for being 'Nirvana kids' to this day.

nirvana, no question.

you could have at least pitted them against the smashing pumpkins or weezer or something else from the time period that was good. of course, nirvana had the luxury of breaking up before they were pressured to do too many more albums past their own interest.

Pearl Jam' date=' no question. They do have a few shitty albums but like someone else said.. they have way more range and they're way more talented.[/quote']

Well, ok, but that's a bunch of bullshit. You can like them better, but saying one is more talented than the other is gay-talk, especially when you say "way" more talented. And considering that Pearl Jam has more or less sounded the same for most of their career, I wouldn't say they have more range, either. Especially not when you include the Grohl factor. I'm not going to bother saying anything else, you can figure it out for yourself. And if you can't, well, stay gold.

I can't believe I'm having this conversation again. I wish I could go back in time and show all my 6th grade classmates how the internet would eventually become public and how the trend of message boards would take massive flight. Then I could show them that they were really being hypocritical when they called me a faggot for using a computer, since they all probably have Myspace pages now and they all were pretty much talking about the exact same things that are being talked about here.

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

Second verse, same as the first

Third verse, different from the first

They both went down to Frisco, joined the SLA

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

live.jpg

ramoneslive500x338.jpg

Pearl Jam had chops, but Nirvana had raw emotion behind them.

NOT as in "emo", either. But, screaming-at-the-top-of-your-lungs-because-everything-hurts-and-that's-all-you-have-left-to-do emotion.

Think about them as direct descendants from Iggy Pop, and it makes sense.

Maybe Nirvana just speaks to me because that's what I feel like a lot of the time. Just screaming, and smashing that which I can create with...it sounds stupid, but it's something I've lived with and lived through for a long time now, and I can identify with what it's like to be the "weird kid" in a small town. I should also add that I have a lot of fucked-up stomach problems, and at one point thought taking opiates was the way to deal with them...but, I got smart, and started to take better care of myself, and things worked out for the better.

There's no way to explain it without sounding like a pretentious idiot, I think. So, if that's what I am, at least I'm in somewhat good company.

both of these bands are double gay. im glad cobain popped his own cap. saves me the annoyance of hearing continuous nirvana albums. besides, foo fighters is a better vessel for dave grohl.

and fuck pearl jam in the face.

I was gonna see Sonic Youth this summer... until PEARL JAM joined the tour and jacked up the prices to $100+. Who the hell pays over $100 to see Pearl Jam?

p.s. Nirvana's BLEACH album kicks Pearl Jam in the nuts any day.

Really?? $100 bucks? Is that a festival? Way to stick to your ideals, Pearl Jam. Fight Ticketmaster and then go back to them and charge 100 bucks to your fans.

Nirvana had chops. If you listen to them closely, especially In Utero, it's actually really complex. And it's all done on point, too. It's just faster than Pearl Jam because they were so much more influenced by actual punk rock.

If you were 15-18 round '93 and you were any way hip you knew, like trendy kids knew

Nirvana were already sold out, Cobain had talent but seen'n on the bandwagon middle class 20

somethings sway'n & nodding away to a MTV Nirvana Unplugged Session made me realy not give a shit.

It's kind of funny that the Pixies took advantage of the "Nirvana ripped us off" factor to

parlay it into the silliness which was their comeback tour last year..The tickets were HOW MUCH?!?!

Not to mention that the show itself was a yawn-fest until they finally played "Nimrod's Son"..

Black Francis is dope, though.