Polarized Shades

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Maui Jim uses an adhesive to layer their lens system, between each layer is that adhesive. The adhesive has the possibility to bend light and alter how you see things.

Doesn't sound bad until you realize your eye has to put out some extra effort to correct the light waves back to normal. Causing eye strain when worn for long periods of time.

Best thing on Polarized lenses is the fact its only on the horizontal plane ... tip your head 90 degrees and the effect is lost and you are back to plain lenses with UV protection.

The adhesive layer only has the possibility of slightly refracting light if it is unevenly applied.

Also, I don't believe that light is bent if the curve on the back of the lens matches that of the front as long as your lens is made out of a material with an even optical density.

As far as the tilting your head 90 degrees, you don't lose the effect of polarization, you just lose some of the effectiveness. That is because when you rotate the lens like that you are blocking out the vertically polarized glare coming off of objects where most of the glare that we experience is horizontally polarized.

-fuse.

Edit* goddamnit I couldn't edit this into my earlier reply.

Oh' date=' so they're probably really good for winter, seeing how I don't boat very often. At all.[/quote']

they're great for skiing/snowboarding. i have polarized lenses in my goggles. but my shades also have polarized lenses... so to paraphrase: they rule for everything