Dallas or Houston

earmuffs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't care about graff, why come on 12 oz to ask where to go? senseless.

anyway, depends on your culture. if you're more laid back, would prefer more shopping malls but with less snotty people, check out dallas.

if you're high class, think you're hard, or want a better price on most drugs, move to Houston.

i've lived in both (one then the other, repeated, all my life) and can say that dallas is chill but the graff scene is kind of weak. some rocker writer dudes, but a lot of them have calmed down since the Dallas Police started raiding houses.

Houston is live with writing right now, in a very grimey NYC way. Austin is much more Australian, graff style (more artsy, more stencils, politico msg's, etc.).

if you don't care about graff, why come on 12 oz to ask where to go? senseless.

what are you 14?

and i didnt just join 12oz to ask where to move.

you gotta grow up one day... unless you are one of those "naw yo im gona be writin fi eva doggg.... graffiti is my life yo" types...

but i have a feeling my work may try to send me to Tulsa.. I did however work with some Texans on weds.. one fool was straight billybob of varcity nights.

Austin.

Houston.

Dallas.

in order of greatness.

I live in Austin.

It is safe.

Everywhere.

All the time.

Good shows.

Sparks in the clubs.

Cheap rent and tacos.

The clear choice for raddest city in Texas.

I vacation in Dallas about 2 weeks out of the month.

It's expensive.

And boring.

And I am ususally one of the creepy old creeps at the house party.

Kids have no place throwing parties.

They are always janky as fuk.

The only thing they have going for them is Cheaters is filmed there.

Joey Greco is a hometown hero.

Houston would be super awesome if the weather wasn't shit.

All the time.

I think it makes people emotional after too long.

Everytime I visit, there seems to be alot of feelings in the air.

And people throwing tantrums.

I am pretty sure the excessive humidity and sweaty stink of poverty on a daily basis would have me in tears of misery after not too long.

And I think they like to shoot people down there.

You have to ask yourself why Houston is the fattest city in the US! It's because the food is EXCELLENT. Every kind of cuisine you can think of is great here, and it's generally cheap. Want Chinese? Go to Chinatown. Want BBQ, Tex/mex, steak, etc? Texas has the best.

As for housing, I highly recommend the Rice Village/museum district area. There are many high quality housing/appartment arrangements around here that are quite reasonable.

You'll love it here!

boxcars you're a diesel mechanic?

like a heavy duty mechanic?

you could be making hecka dollars. a journeyman heavy duty mechanic around my neck of the woods makes $37 an hour.... and if you're a field mechanic you make even more. and with OT factored in, you're basically laughing to the bank.

You have to ask yourself why Houston is the fattest city in the US! It's because the food is EXCELLENT. Every kind of cuisine you can think of is great here, and it's generally cheap. Want Chinese? Go to Chinatown. Want BBQ, Tex/mex, steak, etc? Texas has the best.

As for housing, I highly recommend the Rice Village/museum district area. There are many high quality housing/appartment arrangements around here that are quite reasonable.

You'll love it here!

exactly. well said. museum district is great. so is the montrose area. a bit of a yuppie movement comin in, but whatevs, still a chill area.

what are you 14?

and i didnt just join 12oz to ask where to move.

you gotta grow up one day... unless you are one of those "naw yo im gona be writin fi eva doggg.... graffiti is my life yo" types...

but i have a feeling my work may try to send me to Tulsa.. I did however work with some Texans on weds.. one fool was straight billybob of varcity nights.

Ha! I have lived in Texas my whole life... and I don't sound to redneck, but BOY I SURE CAN MAKE FUN OF THEM!! I can make a redneck voice pretty well...

Oh, and my friend that I work with can sound just like boom hauer off of King of the Hill.... it's hilarious, except...

he does it in a way where he sounds like some weathered and wise, old ass, stubborn man redneck...

• 1 month later...
Ha! I have lived in Texas my whole life... and I don't sound to redneck, but BOY I SURE CAN MAKE FUN OF THEM!! I can make a redneck voice pretty well...

Oh, and my friend that I work with can sound just like boom hauer off of King of the Hill.... it's hilarious, except...

he does it in a way where he sounds like some weathered and wise, old ass, stubborn man redneck...

I used to work with a dude who's name is, I shit you not, Zoltan.

He's a hick type, but he's udd funny. Always one straw away from breaking the proverbial camel's back. Always one of my favorite people to listen in on/talk to during the day.

Even though he sounds dumb, he's pretty smart.

-fuse.

• 6 months later...

Fuck all of texas except for san antonio! Our cost of living is cheap as fuck, we have the best fucking food and all the assholes live in dallas, austin, and houston respectivly.

much love to HD&DTS and What's austin? Habits?

what the fucks up with corpus anyway?