Dallas or Houston

earmuffs

the crime rate is high in certain places..but i doubt you'll be staying in 5th ward or any other ghetto were the residents of new orleans is prominent.

Up above 1960 alotta lil incidents starting happening once they came swimming over. I really do blame it on them with no remorse and the N.O. kids star alotta shit at the schools.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i need to live in texas for work..but she needs to finish school so we are trying to find a city with a good art school.. dont really matter what city i live in for work.

Art school? I'm pretty sure we (Houston) should have a good one. But I only say this by virtue of knowing that we have good art museums. One would think that would foster a good culture for art development.

Someone elaborate on this for me.

-fuse.

i havent heard anything bad about AI .. a few homies have gone..and i havent heard any complaints. i hear you can get a ba quicker' date=' and thats def a plus for me..but i will def do my school shopping ..[/quote']

well the one here blows, and is pretty much considered a joke as a school to the art community.. and schools like that (meaning any school that needs to play commercials on TV 50 times a day) are just commisson based. the people signing you up only want you there so they can get paid, after you start they stop talking to you just about. not to mention those schools are also not accredited to state levels, you're degree is only good to people like them.

good luck.

all those places you listed are rather out there. thats gonna be one hell of a commute for either of you.

that really is one thing you need to consider. the distance of day to day travel. and what main roads you will be using. 45 is pretty harsh most work days. all those were way north too. all of them are outside the loop. your best best for finding cheaper nicer houses will be outside the loop, but there are some deals inside it. the loop being beltway eight.

i might suggest looking into places into fortbend. new territory, and just stuff on the southwest side of town. schools are good out there if your thinkin of kids or whatever. but i know we sold our house out there not too long ago, and there are lots of places for sale, so you could get a good deal.

my 2 cents

Those places are pretty bad areas to try to live in if you have to commute to work every day.

The first one is in katy which is way out west. There are two ways to get into Houston from there: Westpark and I-10. Westpark is a toll road, 2 lanes each way. Currently I-10 is a cluster-fuck between the beltway and the 610 loop, and with the way that Houston construction moves, it will be that way for a long while.

Conroe takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get to from the southwest side of town (where I live). They have their own loop and all that stuff. Think of it as a different city.

I don't know much about Humble.

I work for a home appraisal company driving around and taking pictures of homes, so I'm somewhat familiar with the drive times to a lot of different places. For the most part, if you live outside of the 610 loop you will encounter traffic problems in your commute. The severity of these traffic problems depends on which major freeway you plan on taking. I believe that 59 has the most lanes.

For the most part, your nicer areas are on the southwest to west side. That's just my experience though. Anything south of First Colony/Sugar Land area on 59 is a pain to get to though (i.e. Greatwood) because the freeway narrows from 4 lanes each way to 2.

-fuse.

crooked...

how about these...

Looking for a new home with 3+ bedrooms and 2+ baths.. 2 or more floors, garage of course and i want a swimming pool....

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=1&frm=bymap&nearbyZp=&lid=Enter+MLS+ID&pgnum=1&ss_aywr=&st=TX&mls=xmls&mnbed=3&js=on&mnsqft=0&fid=so&vtsort=&poe=realtor&mnprice=150000&ct=houston&zp=&primaryZp=&mxprice=200000&typ=1&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=epool&exft=0&mnbath=2&areaid=4&sid=06ED3E01EAD4C&snumxlid=1059714093&lnksrc=00001

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=32&frm=bymap&nearbyZp=&lid=Enter+MLS+ID&pgnum=4&ss_aywr=&st=TX&mls=xmls&mnbed=3&js=on&mnsqft=0&fid=so&vtsort=&poe=realtor&mnprice=150000&ct=houston&zp=&primaryZp=&mxprice=200000&typ=1&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=epool&exft=0&mnbath=2&areaid=4&sid=06ED3E01EAD4C&snumxlid=1061306012&lnksrc=00001

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=35&frm=bymap&nearbyZp=&lid=Enter+MLS+ID&pgnum=4&ss_aywr=&st=TX&mls=xmls&mnbed=3&js=on&mnsqft=0&fid=so&vtsort=&poe=realtor&mnprice=150000&ct=houston&zp=&primaryZp=&mxprice=200000&typ=1&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=epool&exft=0&mnbath=2&areaid=4&sid=06ED3E01EAD4C&snumxlid=1062251618&lnksrc=00001

http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=149&frm=bymap&nearbyZp=&lid=Enter+MLS+ID&ss_aywr=&st=TX&mls=xmls&mnbed=3&js=on&mnsqft=0&fid=so&vtsort=&poe=realtor&mnprice=150000&ct=houston&zp=&primaryZp=&mxprice=200000&typ=1&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=epool&exft=0&mnbath=2&areaid=4&sid=06ED3E01EAD4C&pgnum=15&snumxlid=1061079500&lnksrc=00001

i know a very nice area is missouri city, first colony, that area. its on the southwest side. but nothing ever happens there. and its just a quick ride from there to anywhere else.

i used to live out in a subdivison called lake olympia. it was a bit too nice sometimes for my tastes, but i know there is tons of shit for sale in the area. it made selling our families house a bit harder. the fact that there is also a lot going up for sale out there should make barganing(sp) a lil easier.

there are definitely some nice areas on the northwest side of town, where i think you are looking at with those houses. i know more about the southern side of things. fuse might be able to shed some light on that side of town though.

i would again suggest that a large concern of yours be how you will get into town. living next to 45 will be a pain. traffic is horrendous on that freeway at peak hours.

• 1 month later...

HOUSTON FUCKIN SUCKS!!!

You dont want to go there unless you just love violence, cops, smog and traffic.

Dallas has everything you could ask for. Well maybe not but its got alot of things goin for it.

Seriously Houston is a BAD BAD BAD idea. I mean its closer to Austin and the gulf than Dallas is, but thats not at all worth it.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of Houston.... there's Screw music there... :cough :cough:C:LUIOUGHGHHH::""

But Dallas, well, it's not the strip club capital of the world for nothing, not to mention a wide variety of ass holes live here... including myself...

a nice huge ricer scene of honda boys, gangsters, hipsters/scenesters, graff homo's, and drug addicts... oh and we have six flags too...

I know I know, Houston has Astro World, but it cannot compare... whatever, peace to Houston heads, you all are cool if you're here (on 12oz)...

And really Texas is a cool place to be anyway, preferrably Austin....