Dallas or Houston

earmuffs

yeah, three of the major highways are just that, highways. there is one major tollway, beltway eight, with a few other small ones that cut across and through town.

and all of property in texas is cheap. thats why the price listed for houston is considered cheap, compared to city's as populated and large. where as austin is quite small and san antonio just sorta blows. what you got, the river walk... whoooo fake water front with tons of shitty resteraunts...

we build out... not up.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, three of the major highways are just that, highways. there is one major tollway, beltway eight, with a few other small ones that cut across and through town.

and all of property in texas is cheap. thats why the price listed for houston is considered cheap, compared to city's as populated and large. where as austin is quite small and san antonio just sorta blows. what you got, the river walk... whoooo fake water front with tons of shitty resteraunts...

we build out... not up.

LOL! That's why I said Austin is the only city worth moving to in Texas. I didn't tell dude to move to SA. SA aint that bad though but if I were moveing to Texas I would go to Austin no doubt.

I have yet to hook up with kabar. I got dudes number but the job, family and lady keep me busy.

Anyway, come on down to houston. Like someone stated before Houston is low in general living costs. Graffiti scene could be better, but I keep my nose in the yards.

North Houston suburbs (my area) are very affordably in comparison with other parts of the country, for a nice house w/ a nice surrounding area. Crime isnt that bad. Ummm... I have yet to hook up with any writers besides my dude I roll with it

I have no conclusive sentence...

I like Houston?

i havent heard anything bad about AI .. a few homies have gone..and i havent heard any complaints. i hear you can get a ba quicker, and thats def a plus for me..but i will def do my school shopping ..

thanks for all the info ... houston seems to be the better city..which is fine by me.. my only real set back is the hurricanes.. i have family in new mexico and in mississippi so im pretty content with being in the middle...

i'm excited that the cost of living seems fairly low.. where i'm at now the cost of living is so high

if we do move i get to hang out with fatalist.. i'm gonna hog her all to myself..

Hmm Schools ' date=' cost of living, safety, raising children = CANADA.[/quote']

well im working in alberta right now and a 2 bedroom duplex goes for 1600 and the cost of everything else is threw the roof.. I saw on craigslist for houston a 4 bedroom house for 1150.. the cost of living is def not cheaper in canada.. the price of everything is a good 40-50% more

well im working in alberta right now and a 2 bedroom duplex goes for 1600 and the cost of everything else is threw the roof.. I saw on craigslist for houston a 4 bedroom house for 1150.. the cost of living is def not cheaper in canada.. the price of everything is a good 40-50% more

however, the canadian dollar is also worth less. 1600 is like 1400, so its a little less. havent heard of many people moving to tejas for art school, though...a little strange.

i assume you are speaking of dallas' date=' cus it is by far the most boring city ever.[/quote']

No I meant houston, but like I said, I've never been... and it's only people that aren't from houston that have told me that... I have no bias or anything to base this opinion on... just relaying it... no offense of course

edit: also the canadian dollar is only worth 9 cents less than the american dollar right now, which is what drives the price through the roof. I also live in alberta, just not in the same place dog does.... it's the same kind of industry though. where I live you pay up to 1200 for one bedroom(though that isn't the going rate per se), depending on how long you've been here and who you know... I've heard it's one of the most expensive places per capita to live in north america.

^^ thats a good point. Also nothing says the $1100 place isnt a hunk of junk or in a bad area' date=' while the $1400 place might be in a better area and nicer condition[/quote']

yeah true, but the pictures showed a new house that had never been lived in... how ghetto could it be... niggas dont live in new houses haha

well i need to live in texas for work...

I don't know if you realize this but Texas is the second largest state next to Alaska. And Alaska is like half the size of continental US. In other words it's not one of them states that you can live in one city and drive to work in the next city so I'd go with whatever city you're working in.

well.. we're moving in together.. then moving to texas.. i'm not moving out to texas spefically to go to school..i'm moving there..because its a place we could agree on, the cost of living isnt as high as some places, his work is located out there, my family is in new mexico and mississippi, and i could go to school out there also..i'm not gonna be working unless i have too.. until i finish school..

so its not really that weird?

thats the most i've said about myself on 12oz in a very long time.. hah