A Scanner Darkly

!@#$%

ok

so i haven't read it

but i saw a preview the other day and it looks good.

A Scanner Darkly (2006)

"A Scanner Darkly" is set in suburban Orange County, California in the future. It imagines a paranoid world in which it seems two of every 10 Americans has been hired by the government to spy on the other 8 -- in the name of national security and drug enforcement. When one reluctant government recruit (Reeves) is ordered to start spying on his friends, he is launched on a journey into the absurd, where outsourced government contractors largely define the social construct, where identities and loyalties are impossible to decode, and where not even his girlfriend can be trusted. The film highlights the inconsistencies and ironic consequences of the war on drugs.

trailer link

hi-scanner5tb.jpg

scanner9.jpg

a few weeks ago i was listening to this dnb mix i'd downloaded.

one of the tunes had a sample in it and i was wondering what movie the sample came from

when i saw the trailer the other day i heard the sample.

fucking funny shit in this information age.

that mix was made a month and a half ago

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I watched about 20 minutes of Waking Life... the combination of that animation and his style of dialogue was too much for me.

I saw that one on the big screen ... by the time I was walking out I was drained on all levels ... But I think I need to watch it again ... but in sections this time.

However I am excited about this one, I think the animation wont be as trying as it was in Waking life. Plus the style has had a bit of time to develop, so I would think its a bit cleaner.

I read an interview with the director where he talked about how the animation in Waking Life adapted to the conversations and situations going on at the moment, which is why it sometimes went overboard with the wacky visuals. In this movie he nailed down a specific, consistent style throughout the whole movie.

Philip K. Dick is one of my favorite writers. The track records for his films has been mixed, and most of them have not been faithful. There was Bladerunner, which was very different from the book but was incredible in it's own. Screamers, which was almost exactly like the short story and was pretty fun. Minority Report, which was turned into some stupid parenting parable by Spielberg and Tom Cruise which ruined everything in the end. Then some movie with that guy from Band of Brothers who looks like Gary Sinese and it was supposed to be bad. This should be great, though, I have faith. Charlie Kaufman wrote the original script which was supposed to be nearly word-for-word like the book, but they decided not to use it.

i cant wait for this to come out. waking life was pretty fucking awesome and i expect this will probably be even better. and i dont think the animation is going to be as jumpy as it was in that movie though so it should be at the least bearable.