• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CACashRefund

FREE LOOTY!

Post-Katrina Looters Get 15 Years For Alcohol Theft

Attorneys Call Sentence Excessive

POSTED: 4:59 am PDT June 29, 2006

KENNER, La. -- The judge said he wanted to send a message that looting would not be tolerated when he gave the maximum sentence to Coralnelle Little, 36, Rhonda McGowen, 42, and Paul C. Pearson, 36, all of Kenner.Three people convicted of hauling away liquor, wine and beer from a grocery store after Hurricane Katrina were sentenced Wednesday to 15 years in prison. A jury convicted the trio May 2 on a portion of the state's looting law that took effect two weeks before the Aug. 29 storm. The amended law set a three-year minimum sentence, and a maximum of 15 years in prison, for looting during a declared state of emergency. They were convicted of attempting to leave the grocery with 27 bottles of liquor and wine, six cases of beer and one case of wine coolers, six days after Katrina made landfall. Little, McGowen and Pearson each testified that they were not looting, but they offered conflicting accounts of matters such as who drove to the store. Pearson's attorney, Bruce Netterville, said the sentence and conviction would be appealed. "We believe the sentence is excessive," said Netterville. Attorneys for the other defendants agreed.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press.

real-looter.jpg

if they were white, they would have never been arrested.

i dont usually play race cards, but that shit is fucking insane.

Fools! SpyD made this thread not too long ago and it was moved to CrossFire. I demand this thread be locked!

the sentence is quite excessive but they were looting for lootings sake, not to survive.

the sentence is quite excessive but they were looting for lootings sake' date=' not to survive.[/quote']

You are dead wrong. Alcohol is the necessity for all survival situations.

thats kind of where im coming from. its excessive and probably racist but when youre in the middle of one of the worst natural disasters in the past century and you are out looting alcohol i can only care so much.

You are dead wrong. Alcohol is the necessity for all survival situations.

orly? my bad.

What would be greedy is stealing a box of liquor, then not handing it out to your fellow displaced peoples. Trying to bootleg that shit would warrant 15 years.

hell yeah, theyd be in jail like.

"what u in here fo? shot and killed 3 niggas" what about you?

"oh i stole some beer"

lol

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now