SUNNIES AND SHIITS

10 Dollar Blowjobs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: SUNNIES AND SHITS

here's a simple rundown

The Islam religion was founded by Mohammed in the seventh century. In 622 he founded the first Islamic state, a theocracy in Medina, a city in western Saudi Arabia located north of Mecca. There are two branches of the religion he founded.

The Sunni branch believes that the first four caliphs--Mohammed's successors--rightfully took his place as the leaders of Muslims. They recognize the heirs of the four caliphs as legitimate religious leaders. These heirs ruled continuously in the Arab world until the break-up of the Ottoman Empire following the end of the First World War.

Shiites, in contrast, believe that only the heirs of the fourth caliph, Ali, are the legitimate successors of Mohammed. In 931 the Twelfth Imam disappeared. This was a seminal event in the history of Shiite Muslims. According to R. Scott Appleby, a professor of history at the University of Notre Dame, "Shiite Muslims, who are concentrated in Iran, Iraq, and Lebanon, [believe they] had suffered the loss of divinely guided political leadership" at the time of the Imam's disappearance. Not "until the ascendancy of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini in 1978" did they believe that they had once again begun to live under the authority of a legitimate religious figure.

there was a murder in there somewhere as well, i think ali was offed by someone

i'm sure dawood will run in here and explain it ad nauseum

some more...

In a special 9-11 edition of the Journal of American History, Appleby explained that the Shiite outlook is far different from the Sunni's, a difference that is highly significant:

... for Sunni Muslims, approximately 90 percent of the Muslim world, the loss of the caliphate after World War I was devastating in light of the hitherto continuous historic presence of the caliph, the guardian of Islamic law and the Islamic state. Sunni fundamentalist leaders thereafter emerged in nations such as Egypt and India, where contact with Western political structures provided them with a model awkwardly to imitate ... as they struggled after 1924 to provide a viable alternative to the caliphate.

In 1928, four years after the abolishment of the caliphate, the Egyptian schoolteacher Hasan al-Banna founded the first Islamic fundamentalist movement in the Sunni world, the Muslim Brotherhood (al-Ikhwan al-Muslimun). Al-Banna was appalled by "the wave of atheism and lewdness [that] engulfed Egypt" following World War I. The victorious Europeans had "imported their half-naked women into these regions, together with their liquors, their theatres, their dance halls, their amusements, their stories, their newspapers, their novels, their whims, their silly games, and their vices." Suddenly the very heart of the Islamic world was penetrated by European "schools and scientific and cultural institutes" that "cast doubt and heresy into the souls of its sons and taught them how to demean themselves, disparage their religion and their fatherland, divest themselves of their traditions and beliefs, and to regard as sacred anything Western."14 Most distressing to al-Banna and his followers was what they saw as the rapid moral decline of the religious establishment, including the leading sheikhs, or religious scholars, at Al-Azhar, the grand mosque and center of Islamic learning in Cairo. The clerical leaders had become compromised and corrupted by their alliance with the indigenous ruling elites who had succeeded the European colonial masters.

Osama bin Laden is a Sunni Muslim. To him the end of the reign of the caliphs in the 1920s was catastrophic, as he made clear in a videotape made after 9-11. On the tape, broadcast by Al-Jazeera on October 7, 2001, he proclaimed: "What America is tasting now is only a copy of what we have tasted. ... Our Islamic nation has been tasting the same for more [than] eighty years, of humiliation and disgrace, its sons killed and their blood spilled, its sanctities desecrated."

Re: SUNNIES AND SHITS

The Islam religion was founded by Mohammed in the seventh century. In 622 he founded the first Islamic state, a theocracy in Medina, a city in western Saudi Arabia located north of Mecca. There are two branches of the religion he founded.

Hell nah. Dawood says Jesus was Muslim, and that was like, way earlier than 622.

All of the prophets were muslim and called to the same way, but as far as politics are concerned , the religion (more precicesly) Way of life of Islam was perfected and completed during the life of Muhammad (peace be upon him)

As for the sunni / shi'ite thing, well, there is only one proper Islam, there are not 2-3 or four branches of Islam, Only one. I could go into a lot of detail with the sunni / shi'ite thing but in short, the shi'ites are the ones who split away from the main body of muslims and created their own religion. What they practice is not Islam.

anyway, it's good to be back...

my pc was down for a while.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
All of the prophets were muslim and called to the same way, but as far as politics are concerned , the religion (more precicesly) Way of life of Islam was perfected and completed during the life of Muhammad (peace be upon him)

As for the sunni / shi'ite thing, well, there is only one proper Islam, there are not 2-3 or four branches of Islam, Only one. I could go into a lot of detail with the sunni / shi'ite thing but in short, the shi'ites are the ones who split away from the main body of muslims and created their own religion. What they practice is not Islam.

anyway, it's good to be back...

my pc was down for a while.

What you on about shiites created their own religion?? Its a branch of Islam just like the Sunnis..

sorry for bumping this 4 year old thread couldnt help, sori:o

Pretty much its their interpretation of god's message in the quran, like for example i think sunni's pray with their arms to the side of them, while shi'ite's pray with their hands folded over their stomachs. They basically fight about really really stupid shit like how you're supposed to present yourself infront of god when praying etc etc..when i'm sure god really doesn't care just as long as you care for one another and don't kill each other...

my parents are muslim and to be honest i don't know if they're sunni or shi'ite, i think they're sunni, but i really don't give a shi'ite.

my point is, the islamic religion is based on one book and one belief one god, i don't blame religion, i blame the stupid fucking human race.

people are stupid, the end.