Where do you get your news?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

local paper, everyday

the place I eat lunch at has a subscription to the new york times, which is kind of funny because its a tiny ass burger bar that has all their meals named after Hank Williams Sr. songs..

I get WIRED magazine every month, and try to listen to Neal Boortz when I can (who pisses me off on a daily basis but I can agree with half the shit he is saying)

Dailky Show and the Colbert Report when every I am home to watch it...

i try to get news from a broad base of outlets. on TV i'll watch Hardball, Hannity & Colmes, O'Reilly, CNN, Newshour with Jim Lehrer, LinkTV (most of it is from outside the US), C-Span, etc. of course The Daily Show and Colbert get much play. i hate local news though, its just fodder.

on the net i got a crapload of sites bookmarked. a really good one is called Common Dreams. its leftist but it has links to just about every news source available from the wires to the White House briefings and beyond, and its all categorized.

i listen to a bit of am radio also, no particulars there, just anything that is semi-intelligent.

many books are read also.

Ron Burgundy: Go fuck yourself, San Diego.

Ron Burgundy: Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina.

Veronica Corningstone: No, there's no way that's correct.

Ron Burgundy: I'm sorry, I was trying to impress you. I don't know what it means. I'll be honest, I don't think anyone knows what it means anymore. Scholars maintain that the translation was lost hundreds of years ago.

Veronica Corningstone: Doesn't it mean Saint Diego?

Ron Burgundy: No. No.

Veronica Corningstone: No, that's - that's what it means. Really.

Ron Burgundy: Agree to disagree.

Ron Burgundy: Wait, Veronica, please tell me this is some kind of sick tasteless joke.

Veronica Corningstone: You weren't here. Why are you being this way? Why can't you just be proud of me as a peer and my gentleman lover?

Ron Burgundy: I can't believe you did this to me. You read my news.

Veronica Corningstone: I told you that I wanted to be an anchor. I told you that.

Ron Burgundy: I thought you were kidding. I thought it was a joke, I even wrote it down in my diary. "Veronica had a very funny joke today." I laughed at it later that night.

Veronica Corningstone: I can't believe that I cared for you.

Ron Burgundy: Get out. Just go. We are through. Through. Because of your actions, you scorpion woman.

Veronica Corningstone: You have broken my heart, Mr. Burgundy. You have broken my heart.