Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harvey Wallbanger

Where do you get your news?

MSN, BBC, FOX, MTV, celebrity gossip websites, the local paper, friends, the radio, C-span, the Daily Show, or what? I know a lot of the people on here are younger these days, and I wonder if you even bother with it at all.

Growing up, the 6:30 world news was a big deal in my house. So was the morning paper. Now I get most of my news online or from NPR. I particularly like BBC.com, http://wired.com/, and The Week In Pictures on MSN. I'm also feeling http://activate.us.com right now.

So what else is good out there? Or does anybody even give a shit?

whenever im bored i go and look at random news sites, i dont really make it a part of my daily routine, if i have something else to do, i'll do it.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

They like FOX news at work, but I really hate there bias. Me, I kind of like CNN but support the local news team, got to give it up for the locals

I dont watch the news....However I got this obbession of smokin blunts while watching the O'reilly factor haha hes just such a prick I love it.

cnn.com for some reason I dont like it though bbc is prolly better NPR rocks

if i want real news i go with BBC. my girl and i usually listen to NPR on the way to work.

thats usually the extent of it. ive been over why i hate the majority of "news" outlets so im not going to go into it again.

p.s.- the news hour on PBS is turning into fucking Crossfire. fuck that.

BBC definitely lacks some of the bias of the american news outlets... they run stories about shit going on in the United States that I'm like, "why the fuck didn't I hear about this?"

BTW, Let's get some links in here.

http://boingboing.net/ is a really fun one, just a blog with links to some tech news, some political stuff, and some just plain wierd/hilarious shit.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

NAKED NEWS!!!!

ha ha, not really I just saw a ad for it.

Yeah, I've found that I'm much more likely to keep up with the news (or any website for that matter) if I just keep it tabbed in my bookmarks. Part of my daily routine is clicking on each one. It makes it easy to keep up and stay informed.

I'm assuming that BBC is a british station....but its intresting that they play some stories that you think should be played on our local stations or even the bigger ones...Are they that good..?

any news i read is from Yahoo. but for the most part i don't really pay attention to any of it (gossip, truth, whatever)

I dont watch the news....However I got this obbession of smokin blunts while watching the O'reilly factor haha hes just such a prick I love it.

dude i thought i was the only one...

email, gossip, family, 12oz, and the occasional local late night news program.`

The newspaper itself that is, i buy it on the way to work and reading it takes the same time as the journey, minus a few business articles and the magazine.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now