If you stay ready, you ain't got to get ready.

En Sabah Nur

disclaimer: allow a nice environment of psychosis to run amok in this thread.

i'm about ready for the revolution to get sparked. nola knows. i don't know if i'm gonna be at the forefront or anything like that, but i wanna be prepared if it happens, because i'm pissed off and paranoid and kinda crazy.

i've stocked up on a few other supplies and tools... i'd like to get started working on a solar water still and perhaps plant some indigenous food-bearing plants at my grandparents' farm in case i need to retreat to there. and i'd like to get some of my friends on board and prepped.

i'm thinking about getting a gun, if only because it seems like something that will retain its value if the economy collapses (google "iran oil bourse"). what kind should i get? i originally had just planned to get a rifle or shotgun, but i think maybe i should get a handgun (colt 45? sig? glock?) and/or an AK-47 for reliability. plus, in my state you can have a gun without it being registered or anything.

and these things are pretty cool:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?satitle=flashlight+shake

i think i've been listening to the coup too much.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

there is a survival thread on this forum... do a search, it might help you.

you want 3 guns. (atleast) you want some sort of 'assault' rifle. cheapest, most reliable is an ak 47. actually scratch that, an sks. you can get one for 100 bones. ammo is plentiful. cheap. personally i hate sks's but, they are cheap. and you can get 3 or 4 for the price of one ak 47 usually. second would be an ak, then an ar15 but your gonna be paying alot more. but then again, you can usually get an ar15, that shoots sub moa right off the shelf. where as an sks you'd be lucky to get a 3 inch group at 25 yards.

then your gonna need some sort of short shotgun. 18" if you want to be legal. mossberg 500, 590, or remington 870's are your best bet. you can either of them used for 200-300$. of course 12 guage, 00 or 000 buckshot for self defense.

if you plan on hunting, you'd probably want some sort of bolt action rifle. 30-06 or .308 will cover all bases. be sure to stick with 'nato' calibers if you are worried about having ammo. best bet is a remington 700. mine is all tricked out with the army sniper leupie scope. the scope cost more than most of my friends' complete arsenals.

• 2 weeks later...

This would normally be the point where Kabar jumps in.

You have a point, but things are going to have to get a lot worse before there's a revolution. Most Americans seem to be pretty complacent and willing to accept bad leadership instead of having to take responsibility for the mess they helped create.

I'm somewhat prepared for this, but I should be doing a lot more. Hopefully, I won't live to regret this fact.