--• Second Life

El Mamerro

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sape' date=' the problem is probably you not having the up to date quicktime. this program uses quicktime.[/quote']

na, it says "your graphics card (radeon 7000) is not compatible. you can try to run anyway, but the game might crash or go very slowly"

i try to run. it crashes.

Mamerro, you're fairly technical, and anyone else who has this and can hang with what I'm about to explain is more than welcome to use this information. Forgive me if my explanation sucks. I blame the beer.

Everything is built on basic geometrical objects, cones, spheres, cubes, etc. All of these can be manipulated or left alone.

So to make a basketball, you create a sphere, and on this sphere you upload (for like 10 linden bucks) and put a texture on the outside to simulate a basketball. Boom you got a basketball.

Now that basketball, being one prim, has a value of 1. This will come into play later.

Now if you want to make… say a diamond, a shitty one, you can take that sphere, and cut half of it off. Now you create a cone seperately, and you attach (object / prim link) the flat half of that sphere to the flat non pointed end of the cone. Then you texture it to look like a diamond. But you have to link these two prims so they act as one, but they’re values are still 1 and 1 = 2. So you have a 2 prim diamond. 1 half sphere, 1 cone.

Now in certain sims or areas there’s a prim limit. The idea is to get the realest looking, most quality shit, with the least amount of prims. So you make a car that’s 15 prims, and put it in an area that has a 30 prim limit, you can only use 15 more prims in that area.

Now the only unique shit out there, is the stuff you take the time to learn how to construct. And you can make anything, penises, necklaces, cars, etc.

The best way to make money, save money, etc. is to thoroughly learn how to make shit using prims.

Now you can script prims too. So you have a flat rectangle, you script it that if someone touches it, it moves 6 feet to the left, waits 3 seconds then moves back, you now have a sliding door. From there you can do shit like only allow certain people to touch it etc.

That’s the very very basics.

But seriously, if there’s anything you should invest in in this game, it’s learning how to make, and sell shit.

There's basically two layers to anything in SL as far as I know, the structural layer and the functional layer.

Structural being a sphere basketball textured object, and the functional being the script that enables it to act like a basketball physically and within the virtual world.

Good luck.

76900700.jpg

"Chore either a builter mayne, or a buyer, and I ain't no fuckin buyer."