Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
El Mamerro

--• Second Life

sounds interesting.... but its still a little too early in the morning to wrap my head around this...

I agree.

I am fundamentally confused...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I guess I understand everything except how it is tied into actual dollars. Is it basically a live version of Sims or one of those types of games?

That's the impression I got...and I also don't get how it works with real money. You hafta pay to be able to buy things in the game?

I know the equivalent of a mod from that game (Lindens is what they go buy I think) but I still thinks its corny because YOU CAN'T KILL PEOPLE. Now I'm not saying it should be just a bunch of people shooting each other all day, but make it so I can pay money to kill an individual who crosses me. Or make it so I can buy immunity for a few hours...when I learned I couldn't kill someone I refused to sign up.

Just look up my name. Mamski McNally.

The way it ties into real dollars is that there is a fluctuating exchange rate between Linden dollars and US dollars. Right now it's somewhere around $330 Linden to $1 US. If you create an object (a custom skin, for example), you can sell it for Linden dollars, which later you can log into the LindeX Currency Exchange and transfer that value into real money via PayPal or direct deposit to your bank account.

If you get a premium account ($10 a month), you get a $1250 weekly stipend. If you get a free account, you get a one-time gift of $250 to go explore. You can also buy Linden dollars. $3.30 US will get you $1000 Linden dollars to go fuck around with.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

i still dont know where to get this? me=clueless

Guest Ginger Bread Man

thank you young man

Guest Ginger Bread Man

im antwone goldberg