Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

aperture?hascaption=9&photo=125153&size=768&view=image&bogus=.jpg

Who plays?

I barely above a beginner level, but I love playing. My brother used to play a lot when he was young so he and I play against eachother a lot now on yahoo chess. If anyone wants to play me give me a holler. And I believe there may have been a thread on this before, but 12oz search sucks, so I'm not going to worry about it.

ive always wanted to use the en passant move. and i finally was able to the other day. but i took it back because the person i was playing didnt believe it was real.

i dont play chess, but i looked into what the en passant move is and i had no idea you can jump four squares for your first move

I looked up en passant and it looks like it has nothing to do with jumping four squares. You just take a pawn as if it was in the first square instead of the second.

no no

the way it works is this.

if your opponent moves two squares on its first move, and you are positioned next to it (both with pawns), than you can commit a regular capture even though they are next to rather than in position for the capture. essentially its a balance for the play against the two square first move. I think it is just some dated rule created for some french royalty to win at some point.

no no

the way it works is this.

if your opponent moves two squares on its first move, and you are positioned next to it (both with pawns), than you can commit a regular capture even though they are next to rather than in position for the capture. essentially its a balance for the play against the two square first move. I think it is just some dated rule created for some french royalty to win at some point.

naw mayne.

it's because by moving the two spaces, it passes directly through the attack range of the opposing pawn and avoids capture. so whodie has the option to capture en passant. it makes sense because the two-space pawn movements are supposed to make openings faster. en passant was supposed to address the late-game pawn showdown, because basically dudes were being screwed by the introduction of the two-space pawn movement.

i used to play with my dad.. he was determined that i learn.. along with doing fractions, and learning pie and other difficult shit when i was younger..

and i suck at math..and i cant remember how to play chess

Me and my boy went to NJ to visit his fam and his lil, like 9 year old brother was crazy good at chess, challenging everyone. It's funny, my dude is pretty damn hood and then he's got a lil brother kickin everyones ass at chess...didn't seem right to me

now were talking...

any mac users use the chess game to play online against people?

whats that i hear? 12oz chess tourny?

naw mayne.

it's because by moving the two spaces, it passes directly through the attack range of the opposing pawn and avoids capture. so whodie has the option to capture en passant. it makes sense because the two-space pawn movements are supposed to make openings faster. en passant was supposed to address the late-game pawn showdown, because basically dudes were being screwed by the introduction of the two-space pawn movement.

I understood the logic of the move, but had no idea of its origin. Makes sense in the late game. It's when I used it.

i remember the other thread. people were mad hyped, but i think different schedules fucked it up.

graphix_us

yahoo chess, or pool. ill play either right now.

tell me room and table

whats that i hear? 12oz chess tourny?

Actually that would be pretty cool. If anyone is interested, just start letting us know here. If enough people are interested, I'll make a bracket and a time standard and we'll do it.

If anyone wants to play me, just see if I'm on AIM and let me know and we'll play.

the internet and modern living has ruined my attention span so that I could never sit down and play a game like chess...its wicked fun, I just don't have the patience to sit there and think out every move and countermove....and the horsey-nigga always fucks me up

WHats the name of that game where you have to pull out the peices from a tower without it falling down ?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now