America: From Freedom to Fascism

angelofdeath

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gold is simply a continuation of the separation of society and state. if we have a gold standard, the government cannot inflate. they cannot indirectly tax us, (which is what inflation is) paper money is good for one thing.... funding huge government and blowing apart other countries.

gold is a sign of a free people. in the ideal world, gold would be the currency. there would be no fractional reserve banking. every gold reciept (dollar bill) would be backed by 100% gold reserves. the fed would be abolished. gold minting would be done by the US government, or ideally privatized. the FED gold horde would be returned to private hands. legal tender laws would be repealed. it is not a simple coincidence that the 19th century (1815-1900) was a time of relative peace. it was also the time of the gold standard.

the argument usually goes something like:

we cant have a gold standard because thier isnt enough gold. which is why silver is used for small exchanges.

the fact is paper money is cheap, credit can be created out of thin air and i dont see any modern government going on a gold standard anytime soon.

to add to that i have read that gold used to be stored for people so that they didnt have to worry about lugging it around. the people that stored it knew that mostly it was just going to sit around without being used. this led to the idea of interest. they would give loans based on the gold they had stored. they would also lend more than they actually had in reserve which ended up being the practice of lending with interest. wish i had a link to where i read that.

you are right iron lung. to simply it, fractional reserve banking started out of this. say a banker had a bunch of gold in his bank and he wants to gamble. he could of said.."there is no way all those people are going to cash in thier gold reciepts in the same day... my wife needs a new coat, let me print up some of these gold reciepts for 200$ even though there is not 200$ of gold in the bank to cover the reciept, and i'll buy this coat."

this is how false credit was born and how interest was born. how does a bank loan you money? they dont have 200,000$ allocated just for you to loan to you at a price, they simply add 3 zeros to your account and automatically you hvae 200,000 dollars.

on a real gold standard this is not possible.

• 3 weeks later...

im just now listening to alex jones show,he invited the producer of the movie.

he exploses the banking system,the federal reserve.all that money,a bank account with no limit and when it falls on the wrong hands,like it had more than 100 years ago,things dont go so good.

aaron russo talks about how he starting waking up to the new world order,having to meet rich and powerful people because of his job.the rockerfeller family,one of the families,like u know,the crooks of empires,say they control woman and create all the media crap with how the women its so independent and spend so much(tax benefits for them) and also,the most important thing,they divorce and the kid's father its not him but they,they turn him into a comsumption whore and an mtv freak.closest thing to a zombie....

i feel happy im seeing more threats about truth.exposing this crooks.

is your dad a keynesian yum? hahaha.

they have these theories like hurricanes, natural disasters, etc are all good for the economy because it will bring a building boom, then teh bulders will make more money, then the lumber companies make more money, then the money they make they will spend it on apple pies and useless stuff at kmart, etc etc. and it doesnt take into account the total and utter destruction that took place in order to fuel this so called economic boom.

its sort of like how 'unemployment was licked during ww2!" but they dont count that damn near every male able to fight was overseas fighting.

• 1 month later...

Yep, this is what happens when you put your eggs in a bottomless basket.

America abandoned goodness so goodness is abandoning america and corruption

took over.

THe laws were written long before the American constitution, but we didn't want those

either so we chose manmade shapeshifting laws and it was only time before all the

good in them escaped.

yeah my dad theorized a while back that a high divorce rate is good for the economy because it means both parents will probably be working and therell be two households to fill with crap instead of one etc etc

the problem is the family structure suffers and whats good for the economy is not necessarily good for the people.

Good for the economy just means good for corporations pockets .

if this movie only got the play that fahrenheit 9/11 got, people might start understanding.

the dollar is worthless. the FED finances illegal war and big government programs of all stripes that hurt the people instead of helping them. it robs us with inflation and penalizes people who have accumlated capital. social security is a ponzi scheme. i could go on forever.

America isnt perfect by any means. but the fact that any american citizen can talk shit about the government and even talk shit directly to a politicians face and really not trip off being tortured and killed and if thrown in jail only for a short period of time. It shows that America isnt facist. Nazi germany America isnt. But america is in no way all that it claims to be...

I'm not saying America is Facist, but your statement used to be true. http://www.chargepadilla.org/ anyone can be labeled an enemy combatant

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/11/20011113-27.html

It says this doesn't apply to US Citizens in the beginging, but when you get to the end ( section 7) it kind gets a little vague about that. I'm not a constitutional scholar but this bill seems like it gives the president and the secretary of defense free reign to throw out the constitution.

Ok, Mr Business Graduate, America lost it's values and it's foundation is corroded. You can paint the outside all you want to make it look nice, but ships don't sail on dry land.

Anyway, family values and business are two different issues and often times you have to sacrifice one for the other. It comes down to which one is more important.

You need money to support a family. So you need to do business,

And money is no good if you can't share with people you love.

Unless your a sleazebag, of course.

why are corporations ( a legal creation) considered persons? Why are corporations protected under the bill of rights? If a corporation kills someone, or another corporation they can not be put in prison, or given the death penalty. The system is broken. We need publicly funded elections.

you can thank the liberal do gooders on making corporations having special exemptions and 14th amendment protections. this is a perfect example of what thier loose interpretations of the constitution does. i like to smile when i hear people say this, because it is a case in which the loose interpretation theory backfires on them. it work both ways.

before the 14th amendment (which made the bill of rights apply to state governments, as opposed to before the 14th, when the bill of rights applied only to the federal government) people could sue corporations in court, corporations could be held accountable, from a property rights perspective. this is not the case anymore.

the free market gives no special rights to anyone.

^^ That's why all the corporations support the Republicans, right? Because of all the good the liberals did them?

Corporations can still be sued and held accountable, there are class-action lawsuits, environmental lawsuits, etc. That movie "A Class Action" covered a lawsuit in Massachusetts where a community sued a power company, I believe, for run-off into the water supply that was causing cancer. It did actually happen, I browsed the case briefs last year.

Ok, Mr Business Graduate, America lost it's values and it's foundation is corroded. You can paint the outside all you want to make it look nice, but ships don't sail on dry land.

Anyway, family values and business are two different issues and often times you have to sacrifice one for the other. It comes down to which one is more important.

You need money to support a family. So you need to do business,

And money is no good if you can't share with people you love.

Unless your a sleazebag, of course.

Just so you know, I'm not a graduate student and I do tend to side with those who say that mainstream American culture has become completely bankrupted. But what I'm saying, is that in a Politics and Media class I had this semester that was a mixture of graduate and undergraduate students, there were quite a few business majors. I go to Suffolk in Boston, so you probably know they specialize in law, business, and government--I'm not majoring in any of those subjects, though. We were talking about advertisements and the way they depict gender roles.

I dunno if you remember those Calvin Klein ads that were around in the mid-90's, where they shot it as if it were home-made pedophilia. They were complete with faux-wood-paneled walls, in what looked like a basement with a young, young model shot by a camcorder, and a guy saying "how about you look a little sexier, maybe unbutton your top button, yeah that's it..." I remember how disgusted I was when those ads ran and forgot about them until we watched them recentely, I was asking, somewhat rhetorically, how anyone could defend that. How could anyone with any sort of decency and ethics air an ad like that? Imagine if you were molested or abused as a child and that ad came on while you were watching Desperate Housewives, or whatever. A lot of kids were saying "well, it creates controversy and gets people talking" like it was nothing, and I just said "well, it gets me talking about how disgusted I am by the ads, they say that there's no advertizing in ethics, but why is that ok? If that is the accepted thought, then there's something wrong with the system and it needs to be changed", which was met with total silence. Total silence in a room full of about 20 business, law, and government students is not a good sign.

/thread-hijack

^^ That's why all the corporations support the Republicans, right? Because of all the good the liberals did them?

Corporations can still be sued and held accountable, there are class-action lawsuits, environmental lawsuits, etc. That movie "A Class Action" covered a lawsuit in Massachusetts where a community sued a power company, I believe, for run-off into the water supply that was causing cancer. It did actually happen, I browsed the case briefs last year.

the loose interpretation of the liberal do gooders turned around to bite them in the ass. that is the point. loose construction is a 2 way street.

corporations cannot be held accountable on the SCALE they once could.

the loose interpretation of the liberal do gooders turned around to bite them in the ass. that is the point. loose construction is a 2 way street.

What about the conservative do-gooders who liberally interpret the constitution in order to perform illegal searches, torture, and deny due-process? I'm not taking issue with your point, just your choice of words and how they limit the spectrum of the criminals more than they should be limited.

corporations cannot be held accountable on the SCALE they once could.

I'm not going to argue this because I am not sure, although I am pretty sure you're right about that. Still, it is still POSSIBLE to bring a corporation to trial, however limited the options may be. There is always small claims courts and the attorney general's office, also, for something like getting screwed over a luxury gas-grill.

"What about the conservative do-gooders who liberally interpret the constitution in order to perform illegal searches, torture, and deny due-process? I'm not taking issue with your point, just your choice of words and how they limit the spectrum of the criminals more than they should be limited."

exactly. conservatives are now doing the same thing/have been doing it for decades. i think it is a good pay back, but then again, i hate them all.

Just so you know, I'm not a graduate student and I do tend to side with those who say that mainstream American culture has become completely bankrupted. But what I'm saying, is that in a Politics and Media class I had this semester that was a mixture of graduate and undergraduate students, there were quite a few business majors. I go to Suffolk in Boston, so you probably know they specialize in law, business, and government--I'm not majoring in any of those subjects, though. We were talking about advertisements and the way they depict gender roles.

I dunno if you remember those Calvin Klein ads that were around in the mid-90's, where they shot it as if it were home-made pedophilia. They were complete with faux-wood-paneled walls, in what looked like a basement with a young, young model shot by a camcorder, and a guy saying "how about you look a little sexier, maybe unbutton your top button, yeah that's it..." I remember how disgusted I was when those ads ran and forgot about them until we watched them recentely, I was asking, somewhat rhetorically, how anyone could defend that. How could anyone with any sort of decency and ethics air an ad like that? Imagine if you were molested or abused as a child and that ad came on while you were watching Desperate Housewives, or whatever. A lot of kids were saying "well, it creates controversy and gets people talking" like it was nothing, and I just said "well, it gets me talking about how disgusted I am by the ads, they say that there's no advertizing in ethics, but why is that ok? If that is the accepted thought, then there's something wrong with the system and it needs to be changed", which was met with total silence. Total silence in a room full of about 20 business, law, and government students is not a good sign.

/thread-hijack

It comes down to loving that $$$ more than anything. Imagine how people sell crack to other people, justify it and listen to songs that glorify it. The world is so far gone, man.

I mean, women have sex with animals on video and people pay to watch this!!

I'm disgusted with people, seriously.

edited to say, sorry for hijacking it further.