CHILD DAM RIP

ted bundy

Originally posted by Ted Wakowski

Yo if anyone has any fliks of street stuff Child did throw 'em up on here ... he did his thing.

*I'd love to see that sequence of him hitting the doorway in Philly that Smurf shot ... I'm sure other heads would feel it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid23/pb68113548ce9941830597c531b5a648a/fd9e6bc7.jpg'>

COULDNT FIND THE SEQUENCE BUT THIS WAS FROM THAT DAY

CHILD 1 RIP

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

And one more thing...

there used to be an older Child post on the Heavens... but for some reason, people keep erasing his fucking threads.

Please stop erasing every Child thread there is, I think this is the second or third time this has happened. It seems like people want to forget someone who definately deserves the spotlight, not just because he passed away, but because he was a talented writer with style whose career was cut short..

If anyone has flicks of Child, post them.

Thanks

-acet

Originally posted by ACETPFE

And one more thing...

there used to be an older Child post on the Heavens... but for some reason, people keep erasing his fucking threads.

Please stop erasing every Child thread there is, I think this is the second or third time this has happened. It seems like people want to forget someone who definately deserves the spotlight, not just because he passed away, but because he was a talented writer with style whose career was cut short..

If anyone has flicks of Child, post them.

Thanks

-acet

all it takes is some searchin'

when i was in nyc.... i saw the R.i.P piece for child it looked ill from far whil i was in the city train.... i was a stranger to the town so i ran to the next station and got off in queens i believe.... and saw the piece from the ground it looked amazing even though i was still far from it... i also saw a big shone and child tagg IN THE phun facory i think it's now 5 points..... Some kid at the phun factory told me the info on this kid..... it's very sad... RIP IN POWER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

child

Last week it became two years since Jim passed away.

I don't keep up with graffiti stuff and so today was the first time I saw this message board. It's odd to read all these posts and see all these kids talking about him...pretty amazing to see how he inspired kids. What's even more odd is reading his posts about mixing inks and what sort of writers he respected.

I used to skate with Jim every day towards the end of high school. He used to work at a record store up the street from my parents' house. He started talking to me one night when I was in there because of the holes ripped in my sneakers from skateboarding. He got fired from that job shortly after that for writing obscenities on the back of gift certificates instead of "cancel" like he was supposed to. After that we started skating together pretty often...he'd pick me up and we'd skate a park or this one commuter rail station he really liked. I went down there a couple of months ago to skate and all I could think about the whole time was Jim destroying the ledges and then calling me a pussy until I'd finally land something without bailing out.

We started writing together. This was the summer before he left for school in Brooklyn, I guess the summer of 1996. He used to write "Heathen" back then. I worked at a hardware store that summer, so Jim would come in, fill a shopping cart with paint, and then I'd charge him a dollar for the whole thing and we'd go paint horrendous crap around our suburbs with stock caps. He was awful back then...it was a big joke among our friends that didn't write the way he plunged into graffiti so hard. Then he went off to school, got into it even more, and started painting these amazing pieces and blowing people away, developing his own style and painting nonstop.

We lost touch a bit during college, but we'd still skate together in the summers and I'd go with him and make my pathetic stabs at writing. After school finished I moved from Boston to New York for a while and Jim was there the night I arrived to take the train out to Queens and help me move my stuff in. I didn't see him again after that...we were both busy, I was trying to find a job and he was painting and working. We'd talk every now and then and make plans that didn't happen. The week he died the weather was finally warming up. I had just got a job and I was meaning to call him up to go skate but didn't call him soon enough.

He was totally off the wall and lived life harder than anyone else I've ever known. Nobody that hung out with him for more than five minutes doesn't have an amazing story about him. He got on everyone's nerves from time to time, but it was more the result of his unwillingness to let boredom make an appearance in his life than anything else. He was an amazing, talented kid and his absence is our loss.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...