Graffitis Graphic Designers

Nomaq

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moved to Untitled, much better fit here.

Not too bad. I'm unsure about the relationship between the concept and the art direction... besides being yellowy, the decorative elements don't really seem to complement the idea. They work much better in the brochure than they do in the ads. The photography is pretty good for a student-level project, they're well laid out, but the lighting and retouching probably wouldn't cut it for a real ad. The typography is dead-on, and the copy is nice (lose the ellipsis after the slogan). Good stuff.

this is why i posted it .. i feel like im in class getting the creatique all over agian that was a very nice one to be honest lol

what photo would u say is the quality of a ad? cause its more sharper ofcourse on my psd file.. i think the bubble bath one and the party harder one are nice and the focus on the get laid one is the cap on the bottle laying down..

but yea i love type as u can see i made my own and gone make somemore fonts .. so yea i need to practice more on my photography and get on design without maken brushes for it or less brushes!!!

thanks

Nah, I didn't take the pictures. A copywriter and I came up with the concept, then I designed the layout, directed the photo shoot, and did most of the post-prod work, including the color correction. I'm not gonna front, I suck at taking photographs, but I'm pretty good at describing what I have in mind and working with photographers to get what I need for a project.

There's a lot of art directors who take their own pictures, but few have the resources of a full-fledged photographer with a big studio. It's hard to believe, but the photo shoot for that campaign came at around $16,000. That shot in the car was crazy hard to get, we had to get the car into an indoor studio in front of a huge green screen, set up a really strong industrial fan in the backseat, remove the headrest so we could get light and wind into the hair (it was shot separately and then added later), some serious hairstyling work, etc. There was another shot of all 4 characters with the blown hair having lunch using the car roof as a picnic table that was even crazier to get. Everybody had to be shot seperately to avoid criss-crossing wind directions. I wasn't as happy with the way that one turned out as much as the rest, but I'll post it when I get home. Anyways, shit was crazy hard because I had a very particular saturated fashion look in mind for the pictures, so we couldn't just go shoot it outdoors in a park with daylight.

As for those Corona shots, like I said, they're good, but a full-time photographer with a decent food stylist could really make those sing. I think the biggest problem right now is that the whole yellowish motif, although very effective in conveying a sense of heat, is causing the beer itself to look flat and dull. You're gonna have to style the bottles in a way to counter that effect. I can see a food stylist adding tiny bits of ice to the bottle, maybe coating the bottle in a thin film of clear oil and then misting it with water to get really precise and separate water drops on the glass. The specular highlights that you'd get from the water would make the bottle look much more refreshing and inviting. In addition, coloring could be added to the beer, or you can even get rid of the beer itself and refill the bottle with another liquid that photographs better. Sometimes it's easier to do that instead of setting up really complex lighting. Last but not least, bubbles/foam. That "We chill" shot is the only one that has effervescence showing through. Little details like that go a long way in improving the end result.

You're not the first one to ask me that, including the client himself... I dunno, I think the mole is at point of peak sexiness. Any bigger than that it'd be gross, but I think it looks damn good. To loosely quote the Tesser when I showed him the picture, "the mole on that girl's boobroot just woke me up nicely".

yea it looks like that motherfucker got in a knife fight LOL .. arm all sliced up .. but i got that same scar too ;o( football oh well ..

el mamerro, man i dont have 16 g's to caugh up for a crazy photographer like that lol but i can get one of my photography magor peeps to help me set up to light and what not in our schools studio.. its a verynice studio but no cars is gone get up there lol ..

yea people told me about adding drips and making it look refreshing ur to good at creatique .. !!!

the only ones that were shot while the corona was cold was both the we party hard ones .. .and i dont even like the we chill one .. just ice in a bowl and a corona lol .. but alotta people like that one ;o( ..

oh and the we're easy one is accualy 2 photos .. the money shot and corona shot i photoshoped them together ;o) but my teacher siad loose that one too .. casue corona is not cheap .. lol what other beer could i do this campaign for !!!!!! i dont even drink corona lol hieniken got sick ass graphic designers already ..

and some guy siad my campaign would destroy coronas image hahahahah be serious

did you mean that design looks like dildoe? cause the lock accually might ;o( make a new lock yo ... other wise it would be a ight t-shirt .. and loose the type or try another one..cause it is not working for the statment of the t-shirt

I entered this into a t-shirt logo design competition. It's in response to the Australian Government's new Industrial Relations laws which are gonna screw everyone over.

FINAL1sdgs.jpg

Hate away.

It;s funny how people involved w/ graff always equate criticsm w/ hate.

1) I'm not into the background( especially for a T ) .... something about the abstraction of the crowd is bothering me... it's almost trying to hard to be on trend. And the edges look like they would be a printing nightmare.

2) the shape of the logo is weird... poor drawing aside... it looks like a hair dryer, dildo w/ balls, bong, etc...

3) What's going on with the periods in " WORTH. FIGHTING. FOR"? You only do that when the words can have strong meanings individually as well as in a phrase or scentence.

I usually don't liek most designs nowadays but your shit is very clean and nice. Good job and keep up the good work. Whatever happened to the homie kOmega ??? haven't talked to him in a grip.

i see him pop up on aim every once in a while but i never talk to him

I have to say some of this work is impressive....

Corona (Barton Beers) Happens to be one of my clients...

I did a handful of the High-end retouching on few of the Billboards you see around the Chi-Milw area..

The product imagey that was used is well lit & had nice highlights- plus the beer didnt look like piss

like some of the selects I've seen..

As for the Mazda ad- your shadows are off a bit by 2 clicks..you need to put 2 shadows one for the long sun & another underneath the tires so the car doesn't look like its floating.....

all in all.. nice work- keep at it learn those tools & one day you will be a master image poet..

As for the Mazda ad- your shadows are off a bit by 2 clicks..you need to put 2 shadows one for the long sun & another underneath the tires so the car doesn't look like its floating.....

Oh, definitely. That's was just the layout to present the idea to the client. The layout I did for the hair one was waaaaay shittier, it was a picture of me sitting in my Geo Metro with fake hair pasted over my face, hahaha. It just had to be good enough to sell the idea.

In other news, I just learned this morning that I made the shortlist at Cannes with a little interactive piece we made for Amnesty International. I'm fucking psyched. There's only 4 more in my category, so I may have a chance to win a Lion. Im gonna fucking shit my pants if I do.

Corona (Barton Beers) Happens to be one of my clients...

I did a handful of the High-end retouching on few of the Billboards you see around the Chi-Milw area..

The product imagey that was used is well lit & had nice highlights- plus the beer didnt look like piss

like some of the selects I've seen..

thanks

I took my own photos of the coronas ;o) lit them on my kitchen table and edited in photoshop.. im tryen to master macro shots and selective focus.. photography is fun as a graphic designer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and my class that critipued it siad it doesnt look like piss either lol:p

• 2 weeks later...

[quote=El

In other news, I just learned this morning that I made the shortlist at Cannes with a little interactive piece we made for Amnesty International. I'm fucking psyched. There's only 4 more in my category, so I may have a chance to win a Lion. Im gonna fucking shit my pants if I do.

^^^^ what's the good word on this? Congrats on the nomination

Thanks dude, we won a Bronze Lion. There was only one silver and one bronze, no gold (it's points-based), and we got that second one. My pants were dutifully shat, it's a pretty fucking remarkable achievement for me.

On the other hand the Grand Prix winner for the Cyber category was fucking Mark Ecko tagging Air Force One, which pissed me off so hard you wouldn't believe it.