silencing cans

delonemonkey

I dont know about you guys but when i go places with my cans, they jingle like crazy and make it sort of hard to not get looked at. So i saw those can silencers on the montana online store,but i still live with my parents(im a minor) and i knew i would never be able to get my hands on some. So i went to staples and bought a lot of those little circular magnets that come in packs of 6. Putting at least 3 on the botton of a can will really bring down the noise level when you walk around or run, not sure if this has been said before but for anyone else who has this problem this is a great way to fix it

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

does anyone know how to silence the phhhhhhssssst sound the paint being ejected sounds? i know what question sounds wack. but there's this place where truckers sleep at night near me and their trucks are all ways parked there and i dont want them to wake up to a spray sound cos its not like i can dart away.

i still live with my parents(im a minor) and i knew i would never be able to get my hands on some.

Dear Delone,

Kill your parents.

Then you can eat as much ice cream as you want and stay up past 8 in the evening on weekends. Oh, and you can buy all the can silencers to your hearts desire

does anyone know how to silence the phhhhhhssssst sound the paint being ejected sounds? i know what question sounds wack. but there's this place where truckers sleep at night near me and their trucks are all ways parked there and i dont want them to wake up to a spray sound cos its not like i can dart away.

there is no way you could be serious about this....no one could seriously pose such an assinine question..............or could they? :shakehead:

I dont know about you guys but when i go places with my cans' date=' they jingle like crazy and make it sort of hard to not get looked at. So i saw those can silencers on the montana online store,but i still live with my parents(im a minor) and i knew i would never be able to get my hands on some. So i went to staples and bought a lot of those little circular magnets that come in packs of 6. Putting at least 3 on the botton of a can will really bring down the noise level when you walk around or run, not sure if this has been said before but for anyone else who has this problem this is a great way to fix it[/quote']

When i was younger and i used to try to sneak my cans back into my bedroom i would take off my hoodie and wrap my cans upright in them and put it in my bag. I also found that if you carry your bag in your hand its a lot quieter than on your back. Hope this helps.

You could always just tell your parents your into graff but you only do it legally, and if they ask where you paint say your mate has a shed in there backgarden you paint or his bedroom. It sounds stupid but it worked for me. . .

When i was younger and i used to try to sneak my cans back into my bedroom i would take off my hoodie and wrap my cans upright in them and put it in my bag. I also found that if you carry your bag in your hand its a lot quieter than on your back. Hope this helps.

You could always just tell your parents your into graff but you only do it legally, and if they ask where you paint say your mate has a shed in there backgarden you paint or his bedroom. It sounds stupid but it worked for me. . .

yep! holding the backpack/whatever in your hand helps.

And say you paint on a woodboard or whatever somewhere. Even set one up at home or something.

all you have to do is find some junk car speakers preferably 3" or however big around the bottom of a can is rip the magnet off the bottom of the speaker and there you go instant can silencer. plus you wont have to spend money at office depot or whatever.

I dont know about you guys but when i go places with my cans' date=' they jingle like crazy and make it sort of hard to not get looked at. So i saw those can silencers on the montana online store,but i still live with my parents(im a minor) and i knew i would never be able to get my hands on some. So i went to staples and bought a lot of those little circular magnets that come in packs of 6. Putting at least 3 on the botton of a can will really bring down the noise level when you walk around or run, not sure if this has been said before but for anyone else who has this problem this is a great way to fix it[/quote']I use a old white beach towel, you know the real huge ones. I wrap my cans op in the towel qnd tuck it deep down in my bag when traveling to the spot, that is if I'm on a solo mission. If I'm wit crew, we split the paint up but still use the same towel method to muffle out the mix ball sound when you are in motion. It sounds kinda crazy but it does work. I have walked right past transit and one time at a pretty fast pace many times and they have heard nothing from inside my bag. Also, if you concentrate on how you walk, you can actually reduce the amount of impact created by your footsteps. It sounds crazy as hell, but I've noticed that if I walk light footed it reduces the can jiggle , which in turn reduces the mixing ball clanking. Yall try it out, it does work. It's kinda like walking stealth. ONE73 "S.W.A.T CREW"

:scrambled: :scrambled: :scrambled: :ballcap: :ballcap:

I dont know about you guys but when i go places with my cans' date=' they jingle like crazy and make it sort of hard to not get looked at. So i saw those can silencers on the montana online store,but i still live with my parents(im a minor) and i knew i would never be able to get my hands on some. So i went to staples and bought a lot of those little circular magnets that come in packs of 6. Putting at least 3 on the botton of a can will really bring down the noise level when you walk around or run, not sure if this has been said before but for anyone else who has this problem this is a great way to fix it[/quote']

can u give a link for that site?

• 2 weeks later...

i know how u can bomb those trucks with out makin noise or wakin them up..paint brushes! i dont see why not its still graffiti...or you just go covert ops up in that bitch...there is no way in hell that little pssh sound is gunna wake up those truckers...they drive all day there tired as fuckin there all sleepin like logs...and those fatasses wont be able to catch u either...